Position: Trade Compliance Senior Counsel
We are hiring a Trade Compliance Senior Manager, with 7+ years’ experience in compliance, with at least 5 years focused on trade compliance, to serve as a subject matter expert on our global team. The Trade Compliance Senior Manager plays an important part in promoting Accenture’s compliance with international trade control requirements and regulations in countries where Accenture does business and helps our Legal team and business to understand trade and export control related risks, compliance, and program controls. This role supports business stakeholders on transactional trade compliance matters in client contracts, and trade-related reviews of the company’s services and offerings and is responsible for developing and delivering relevant trade compliance training and awareness materials, as well as tools, templates, resources, and guidance materials.
- Drives the implementation and maintenance of Accenture’s trade compliance program initiatives, including:
- Development and delivery of trade compliance training.
- Development, review and implementation of trade policies and internal controls.
- Planning and drafting trade compliance communications with internal stakeholders.
- Working with senior management and outside counsel to conduct risk assessments, recommend improvements to the trade compliance program, and support the implementation of adopted recommendations.
- Working with internal stakeholders to build trade compliance and monitoring tools to help Accenture executives flag, escalate and mitigate trade-related risks.
- Provides objective, focused, practical advice and solutions to Accenture businesses and Legal Professionals regarding compliance with trade/export laws, Accenture’s Code of Business Ethics, and Accenture’s trade compliance policies, and all other related policies.
- Collaborates with Legal colleagues and the business to identify, analyze and mitigate trade related risks, and conducts localized training on trade/export law issues.
- Responds to and helps manage internal audits and internal investigations related to trade/export law issues and assists Litigation & Disputes to respond to government inquires or investigations related to trade/export law issues.
- Legal, including Global Services Legal, Sales & Delivery, Contracting, Geographic Compliance and Corporate Counsel.
- Corporate Functions and business stakeholders.
- Market Unit leadership.
- Related subject matter experts (e.g., analytics, government compliance).
- Trade and export compliance professionals at client and peer companies.
- Outside counsel/external law firms.