Please Note: Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance which requires 5 years continuous UK address history (typically including no periods of 30 consecutive days or more spent outside of the UK) and declaration of being a British passport holder with no dual nationalism at the point of application.
Note: The above information relates to a specific client requirement.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse abilities and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
You will work with some of the best in the industry, on prestigious projects with the world’s most high-profile blue-chip companies and enjoy the benefits of being part of Accenture Security. You will be using the newest technologies with clients to help them get to the next level.
Do you want to work in an environment where…? You’ll learn, grown and advance in an innovative culture that thrives with shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for an ambitious career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
In our team you will learn:
The role encompasses both monitoring and responding to alerts raised by various toolsets as part of an ongoing managed security monitoring service.
Coupled with analysing data sets gathered from Incident Response investigations and assisting Investigative Consultants to deliver positive investigative outcomes to our breach investigation consultancy engagements.
As a Senior SOC Analyst you will:
- Respond to alerts raised by shift analysts.
- Perform detailed analysis and undertake an in-depth investigation into potential and confirmed security incidents.
- Raise incidents where necessary & acting as a point of contact throughout
- Conduct threat hunting across client environments.
- Develop and refine threat hunting techniques.
- Review and action alerts flagged as tuning candidates.
- Conduct proactive threat research.
- Develop and implement new signatures/rules.
- Task and handle the delivery of junior analysts.
- Development & mentor junior members of staff.
- Lead the delivery of SOC projects.
- Support client engagements and or service meetings, representing the business to external partners.
- Provide out-of-hours technical escalation support to shift analysts.
- Development SOC playbooks.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- A detailed understanding of the core subject area, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware, and security.
- An understanding of cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to run them.
- A solid grasp of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus.
- Any relevant academic or industry specific training.
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to seek out new ways of working more efficiently.
- Sustain a high level of focus, effort, and energy.
- Share real stories and experiences to truly connect with others.
- Create an open environment that encourages team members be to their authentic self.
- Drive activities to ensure value is added and/or requirements are met.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there may be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role should a suitable applicant be found.