Network Operations Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, Newport or Stevenage (100% on site)
Competitive salary & package (dependent on experience)
Career Level: Consultant/Specialist, Senior Analyst
Please Note: Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance which requires 5 years continuous UK address history (typically including no periods of 30 consecutive days or more spent outside of the UK) and declaration of being a British passport holder with no dual nationalism at the point of application.
Note: The above information relates to a specific client requirement
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO.
The Network Operations Engineers is accountable for the successful operations and support of the Client Network and underlying infrastructure. The selected individual will be part of a national team providing national and international support to the Accenture Aero & Defence Space client.
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house data, LAN & WAN, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyse and resolve network hardware and software problems by participation in the client Service Management processes. Ensuring any issues are resolved in a timely and accurate fashion in alignment with agreed SLA’s.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, be proactive, and able to work both independently and within a team. They should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field and relevant industry certification from Cisco, such as CCNA or CCNP. They should also have at least 5 years of experience in network infrastructure design, implementation, and maintenance.
· Configuration and deployment: Configuring and deploying Cisco routers, switches, and other network devices to ensure peak performance and seamless communication between devices.
· Troubleshooting and problem resolution: Investigating and analysing complex network problems, implementing corrective actions to resolve issues in a timely manner, and ensuring network security is not compromised.
· Maintaining network security by implementing best practices and procedures.
· Identifying and resolving network problems and performance issues.
· Providing technical support to end-users in a timely and professional manner to enable fast resolution that exceeds our customers’ expectations. Ensuring accurate recording of all cases using the Company’s ticket management tool and closing within agreed timeframes.
· Collaborating with other IT departments to ensure seamless integration of network infrastructure.
· Monitoring network traffic and performance to identify and resolve issues before they affect operations.
· Documentation: Preparing technical documentation, system diagrams, and other related project materials for end-users, peers, and IT teams. Using the central document repository, to ensure knowledge sharing across the team and enable best practice.
· Ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory and industry standards.
· Keeping up to date with emerging network technologies and standards.
· Supporting and taking ownership of projects.
· Participation in the on-call and shift rota.
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days of vacation per year, access to app-based fitness classes and discounts on range of gyms, private medical insurance and three days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.