H&PS Managed Services - Manager
Role: H&PS Managed Services - Manager
Location: London Fenchurch Street
Career level: CL8
Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package (dependent on experience)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
We’re building a new UK business
Accenture UK has thriving businesses in both Operations and Health & Public Sector (H&PS), and we’re now looking to combine those capabilities and experiences to build a new UK business: H&PS Managed Services. With ambitious targets for the next five years, we will be pursuing a number of complementary growth strategies, but the foundation of any sustainable growth rests on building close client relationships through which we can shape and respond to future demand – and then deliver with excellence. We need candidates who can work within and through our existing H&PS Client Account structure to develop key client relationships, support the sales of Managed Services, and then roll up their sleeves to ensure that the delivery happens.
Our range of Managed Services will address the many challenges faced by UK Government departments, providing efficient models to improve citizens’ futures, truly living the vision of our CEO in having an impact on society. We will bring together existing capabilities from Technology, Strategy, Consulting and Operations to build value-based services that will meet short-term and long-term client needs.
Want to be in from the start as we grow our new business? Now is your chance.
Joining Accenture’s H&PS Managed Services business in a Manager role means working with a team of dynamic entrepreneurs who have a growth mindset, are collaborative and energetic, and have a passion for driving lasting change to improve the future for all UK taxpayers and citizens. You will play a key role in building client relationships, bringing the very best of Accenture’s services together to meet our clients’ needs, and then working to ensure we deliver on our promises. You will bring new ideas and industry expertise to drive insights and build client solutions using the tools, platforms and expertise that Accenture provides.
This role offers an unparalleled opportunity for the successful candidate to be involved in one of Accenture’s most exciting growth areas. We are looking for entrepreneurs with a passion for social impact – individuals that can grow new client relationships, lead early-stage growth accounts and be comfortable owning deliveries and running their own part of the Accenture business. As a Manager in H&PS Managed Services, you’ll identify, incubate and grow new client relationships and revenue streams, partnering with government departments to identify opportunities for change and then develop new future-oriented solutions and services to meet those business challenges. With your passion for clients and having an impact that truly matters, you’ll drive the growth of our new business.
As a team:
The H&PS Managed Services team are working at the center of high-profile transformations within the UK Public Service as well as multiple healthcare providers. Within the practice, you will work on innovative projects with colleagues and clients to drive excellence from design through to implementation, making changes that directly impact citizens. You will be using the latest technologies and methodologies with clients to help them get to the next level. Do you want to work in an environment that is innovative, collaborative and challenging, doing work that really matters? In our team we:
- Develop and deliver solutions to real world problems, partnering with clients to achieve positive outcomes through collaboration.
- Put citizen needs and experience at the heart of everything.
- Obsess about driving value for the client.
As a you will:
- Build and develop strong relationships with existing H&PS Client Accounts to fully understand our existing portfolio of work, our current client relationships, and Managed Services opportunities.
- Own and grow long-term and profitable trust-based relationships with a selection of key clients across a number of government departments.
- Develop detailed understanding of your client’s business and drive issue-based discussions grounded in a clear understanding of client challenges and barriers.
- Identify and address client business issues by applying pragmatic, results-driven problem solving techniques and creative insights.
- Work on projects across a range of Health & Public Service clients, including central government departments, public safety clients, and various healthcare clients.
- Work with H&PS Client Accounts to shape the account strategy and support the client account commercial P&L metrics (including sales, revenue and profitability).
- Align Accenture’s value proposition to clients’ strategic ambitions to improve the effectiveness of government service delivery.
- Build sustainable, trust-based relationships with key buyers and decision-makers at government clients.
- Orchestrate and manage teams from across all of Accenture to ensure the best client solutions are developed and value-based outcomes are delivered for the client(s).
- Mobilise and manage multi-disciplinary workforces to support client delivery following successful bids for H&PS client opportunities.
- Lead teams to deliver excellence to the client
We are looking for the following skills:
- A leader who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with an ability for independent thinking and an entrepreneurial, growth mindset.
- Strong business and commercial acumen with experience in P&L ownership and comfortable managing a portfolio of accounts across a range of clients to incubate new and sustainable growth.
- Track record of identifying new business opportunities in the H&PS sector, shaping value propositions and selling solutions based on client needs and requirements.
- Track record of client delivery in the H&PS sector.
- Passion and willingness to develop trust-based relationships with new clients across a range of levels.
- Ability to create, encourage, empower and lead high performing and diverse teams (both large and small).
- An ability to converse in, and demonstrate passion for, the Health and Public Service sector.
- Awareness of the industry trends and developments in the H&PS sector, with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Extremely strong communication, collaboration, planning, influencing, and prioritisation skills who demonstrates a professional, constructive and reliable approach to work.
What’s in it for you?
As a member of our H&PS Managed Services team, you will learn how to grow and lead client accounts and portfolios of delivery work. You’ll understand how to run your own part of the H&PS Managed Services business, whilst deepening your H&PS industry expertise. You will learn the latest industry and technology trends, and you’ll do it in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success and diverse ways of thinking. We provide boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career. You have the flexibility to create your work-environment according to your personal circumstances and needs and will enjoy working in a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team in one of the fastest growing industries worldwide. If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
In addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 699,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30 October 2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.