Job Title: Head of Research & Insight (Accenture Song Communicate)
Department: Human Insights/Strategy
We started life as Karmarama back in 2000 and since then we have prided ourselves on one thing above all others: our people
No matter how much bigger we’ve grown; and now as Accenture Song Communicate, part of the worlds biggest digital agencies, our focus is still our people.
Accenture Song is recruiting for a new leader in the Research & Insights team.
This person will grow and evolve the function, which sits at the heart of the agency and its future strategy & partnering with our Data capability. We’re looking for a strategic and creative leader who can set the standard for insights within the agency and reframe challenges for us and our clients. On a macro level, the role exists to champion human insight in all its forms and potential, across the agency and within our wider Accenture network, including partnering with other agencies to turbo charge their insights capabilities.
- Your Responsibilities and Skills
- On a day-to-day basis, responsibilities will involve:
- Partnering with new business, account, and client teams to develop research approaches, then leading these projects across the full remit of the work, from pitching and conducting research to identifying and sharing insights
- Staying on top of cultural trends and shifts, enabling you and the team to bring ‘culture-first thinking’ to all your conversation and projects
- Partnering with Accenture Song’s Data Insight team to unite qualitative learnings with those from quantitative research, social listening, data science and data strategy
- Managing and training the existing team and recruiting new members as we grow
- Partnering with freelance talent if methodological expertise doesn’t sit within the agency
- Developing new ways to conduct research to meet emerging needs, whether through training or trial and error
- Working across the agency and Accenture on internal and external initiatives and thought leadership
- Working with leaders across the agency and Accenture to increase insight integration and identify new opportunities
- The ideal candidate would:
- Have significant experience in research, branding or advertising, with at least five of those years spent leading research and insights projects and/or teams
- Be comfortable running both projects and teams – we need someone who can lead interviews and analysis, as well as champion the findings
- Have methodological expertise in at least one key area: core qualitative research, ethnographic research, semiotic research or cultural analysis
- Have experience working in integrated insight teams alongside other specialisms
- Be adaptable and creative. We’re a creative agency, so a portion of our work focuses on generating insight for campaigns. But we also work on projects across branding, experience, innovation, and product/proposition development
- Be a collaborative self-starter, as adept at spotting and launching new opportunities as they are in partnering with mixed teams
- Be comfortable working with ambiguity, in rapidly changing situations and with different people
- Have a passion for insight, strategy and creativity, and a drive to unite them in their work
Behaviours and Values
- You look out for the wellbeing and overall development of people in your team, supporting them personally and professionally, and you mentor others to help them learn.
- You have an instinct for being generous, open, and honest, no matter what is going on
- You deliver value internally and externally and can challenge both the client and agency if needed.
- You work collaboratively, you have a close relationship across the agency and with external partners, pulling in specialists at the right time to answer a brief.
- You proactively suggest better ways of working, looking to optimise working practices internally and externally
- You are a skilled negotiator & influencer when dealing with clients & stakeholders.
- You will have strong opinions, lightly held.
- You identify new opportunities & effectively manage financial risk.
- You lead by example & set high expectations for yourself & others.
- You contribute to the team and agency over & above your day to day role.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.