Empowering Black Futures: Marketing + Communications Taster
Who we are and what we do
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Song, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at accenture.com.
Empowering Black Futures: Marketing + Communications Taster
Our Marketing + Communications teams build a powerful and differentiated global brand—at the corporate, industry, capability, and geographic level—that supports Accenture’s business strategy, enhances long-term client relationships, inspires employees and candidates, and drives profitable growth.
This two-day virtual taster is an incredible chance to explore and immerse yourself in a function that sits at the heart of Accenture’s business. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Grow your knowledge of our Marketing + Communications practice and hear from our employees, from analysts to managers
- Discover how Accenture’s thriving African-Caribbean Network strives to make Accenture the employer of choice for employees from black heritage backgrounds, as well as its initiatives and support for those at every level of the business
- Disrupt and innovate with a team of participants as you take on a project challenge. You’ll be guided by a mentor who’ll advise you on how to approach the problem, leverage your ‘taster learnings’ and present your solution to a panel of experts
- And finally, after attending the insight event, you’ll be invited to attend an assessment centre with us for our Marketing + Communications Graduate internship
What we’re looking for
We will consider final year students or graduates from any degree background with an interest in marketing.
This insight event is a fast track for those who would like to apply for the Accenture Marketing + Communications Graduate Internship. This internship is a nine-month opportunity from September 2022, with a salary of £22,000 pro rata plus benefits.
For this internship, we are looking for curious, and solution-driven team players who are ready to ignite ideas and are inspired to push boundaries. You will be passionate about technology and how it can transform the future. You will have a keen interest in pursuing a career in marketing and communications and have a strong learning mindset to embrace the evolving work we do. You will be able to collaborate with stakeholders and co-workers alike with strong written and oral communication skills and possess a can-do, enthusiastic attitude. You’ll have experience in delivering projects, whether that be for a club or society, for your own personal development or from a previous job you’ve had.
As a Marketing + Communications intern, your responsibilities may include:
- Writing and proof reading of communications
- Managing stages of a project/s across the teams - this could include personally running small projects such as the creation of marketing collaterals (videos, brochures, ads, etc.), virtual events or reporting analysis
- Taking part in team brainstorming, coming up with creative ideas and feeding back design/content
- Learning about Accenture's brand and becoming a "brand guardian"
This insight event is part of our Empowering Black Futures learning series, therefore we encourage those of black heritage to apply.
If you are successful, you will need to be available to attend the following:
- Empowering Black Futures two-day event on Tuesday 7th & Wednesday 8th June 2022
- Assessment centre on Wednesday 15th June 2022
Where you’ll work
The insight event will take place virtually, whilst the internship role will be a combination of in-person in our London office and remote working as part of our future of work model. You’ll be joining a team of marketing and communications experts who will help you get the all-round skills for success, providing you the opportunity to work on a variety of project works.
How to apply
Submit your application through our Headstart platform and a member of the team will then be in touch to let you know if you have been successful. Places are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Deadline for applications is 28th May 2022. We receive an extremely high volume of applications for all programmes and it is sometimes necessary to close applications earlier than anticipated. We would recommend early application to avoid disappointment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.