Job Role: Trading, Investments & Optimisation Consultant/Manager
Career Level: Consultant/Manager
Industry/Sector: Commodity Trading, Energy, Utilities, Agriculture, Metals & Mining, Consumer Goods, Capital Markets
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Accenture Strategy shapes our clients’ future, combining deep business insight with the understanding of how technology will impact industry and business models. In joining Accenture Strategy you will drive the CEO agenda on issues related to digital disruption, competitive agility, global operating models, and workforce of the future to identify new sources of value.
No-one brings all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration as we can. Serving 95 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, we’re different to every other strategy firm on the market – which makes us an undeniably exciting place in which to forge a career. Technology will continue to be the disruptor in the strategy arena. Which makes Accenture the strategy firm of tomorrow.
Accenture Trading, Investments and Optimization Strategy (ATIOS) advises the C-Suite to cope with the increased responsibilities from new market trends and strategic needs. The team is based in the global trading hubs for primary commodities & financial trading (London, Paris, Houston, Dubai and Singapore) to serve clients on extracting value from global markets changes. Our clients include global trading companies, agricultural companies, consumer goods companies, soft-commodity industrials and other commodities who require advisory services on investment strategy, commercial strategy, portfolio optimization, front to back office operating model development, risk management and technology & digital services.
Our three core capability areas are:
- Trading: Commodity Trading Strategy and Risk Analytics:
Our Commodity Trading Strategy and Risk Analytics capability is focused on equipping organizations with insights, strategies, and tools to manage commodity risk and capture market opportunities. This covers the end-to-end capabilities from trade book forensics, developing commodity risk analytics models and defining target operating models to CTRM implementation and trading process design.
- Investments: Portfolio Strategy and Transactions:
To help businesses maximize opportunities arising from strong demand, we work with executives from companies in commodity production, transformation, trading, and distribution to develop optimal capital investment programs. This includes identifying targets for acquisition and divestment, performing valuation and risk analyses, structuring commercial terms, and supporting the integration of marketing and trading activities.
- Optimization: Value Chain Optimization:
To help businesses capture full value and maximize profitability along their entire value chain, we work with commodity players across the value chain from upstream to downstream. We deliver end-to-end commercial optimization capabilities including price forecasting models, industry benchmarking growth strategy, treasury structuring and digital strategy transformation.
We occupy a unique position in the market whereby our understanding is not limited to commodity/ risk related topics in a single industry, but rather encompasses how different industries relate to one another.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you!
In our team you will learn to:
- Help commodity-exposed organizations craft strategies to set up and expand their trading and risk management activities, navigate through energy transition, revamp their value chains, or enter new markets
- Strengthen relationships with clients to sustain Accenture’s profile as a long-term trusted advisor and partner
- Develop expert knowledge of prevailing trends, financial and operating drivers in commodity-related industries, such as energy, utilities, soft commodities, food & beverage, metals & mining, airlines, financial services
- Support business development work such as proposals and thought leadership working closely with Accenture top management
As an ATIOS Consultant/Manager, you will:
- Work with project and client teams across Europe and globally to solve complex business issues in one of our core capability areas, bringing structure and rigorous quantitative and qualitative skills to deliver actionable recommendations, insights, and results
- Lead client interactions and participate in various activities: data collection and analysis, business case development, quantitative modelling, expert and client interviews, delivery and presentation of results and recommendations
- Deliver successful strategy engagements addressing our clients’ business challenges, providing lasting and distinctive outcomes and value in disciplines such as corporate and business strategy, trading & optimization strategy, digital and innovation strategy, energy transition strategy
- Participate in ATIOS business development activities by supporting the development of research reports, contributing to writing of “Point of View” documents and by participating in development of commercial proposals
We are looking for experience in the following:
- Good understanding or interest of one or more of the following industries: Energy, Chemicals, Soft Commodities, Agriculture, Metals, Mining, Utilities, Transportation, Consumer Goods, or Capital Markets
- Experience at a top tier or boutique consulting firm or at a leading company with a combination of technical / operational and management / business development / strategy roles
- Additional experience in risk management, strategic consulting for the commodities industry, investment banking or commodity trading would be an advantage
- Strong quantitative skills, including familiarity with Excel/VBA and other modelling packages
- Experience working in diverse teams in complex strategy/consulting engagements, delivering high-quality output in short timeframes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Set yourself apart:
- You’re familiar with recognized strategy frameworks and techniques, and you have experience in research and data analysis, digital, analytics, and/or applied intelligence
- You have experience of developing & mentoring junior practitioners
- You are mobile in Europe and around the world
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days of vacation per year, access to app based fitness classes and discounts on range of gyms, private medical insurance and three days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications - 31/05/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
Decentralized Identity & Biometrics - Manager
Posted 1 day ago
United Kingdom London
Communications & Media Strategy Manager
Posted 4 days ago
United Kingdom London
Spatial Experience Designer - Metaverse
Posted 13 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.