Security Consulting Manager (Financial Services)
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Career Level: Manager
Accenture Security is the world’s largest vendor-agnostic security services organisation, providing out global clientele with modern innovation and comprehensive end-to-end solutions. Our FS Security team partners with Financial Services clients to help transform the way they manage their security risks and enable them to gain competitive market advantage. We utilise our subject matter expertise and industry knowledge to advice Boards and C-level executives on managing their cyber security risk and meeting customers and regulatory requirements. We also lead large security transformation programmes to support our clients.
We are undergoing significant growth as our clients demand greater assistance with increasingly complex cyber risks. Our clients include leading global and UK+I based Financial Services organisations who rely upon us to support them in achieving their strategic goals.
About the role
As part of FS Security team, you will provide services that combine cyber strategy, project delivery, technical and risk management expertise and will fall broadly within the following areas:
- Cyber Security Strategy
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Security Transformation
- Cloud Security
- Architecture, Network and Application Security
- Managed Security Service
- Cyber Resilience and Incident Management
- Identity and Access Management
We are looking for dedicated individuals with passion for cyber security who understand what it means to be a trusted advisor to join our team. You need to be comfortable working independently with little supervision and have a strong desire to develop your skills.
Skills & experience
Candidates are required to demonstrate ability in the following areas:
- Significant information security experience
- Knowledge of information security frameworks (e.g. NIST, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, ITIL, COBIT etc)
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies
- Strong academic background such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals such as networks, operating systems, and databases
- Experience in the financial services sector
- Solid experience in consulting
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements and benchmarks (e.g. OWASP, CIS)
- The ability to lead multiple engagements, meet deadlines and handle customer expectations
- Demonstrate ability to lead and handle business development / proposal efforts
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients at executive level
- Thought leadership and deep knowledge in one or more security topics as a Subject Matter Advisor (SMA)
- All candidates must be willing to offer full mobility (i.e. prepared to work away from home Monday to Friday as the need arises)
While not mandatory, the following skills are desirable:
- Information Security certification such as CISSP, CISA or CISM that establishes credibility and capability in the Information Security market
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, SABSA)
- Any project or programme management certification (e.g. PRINCE2, PMI, MSP)
- Experience working in a financial services organisation of any type
- Knowledge of security technologies (e.g. AV, SIEM, IDM, IPS, F/W, SSO, DLP)
- Knowledge of security assessment frameworks (e.g. threat modelling, controls assessment, risk assessment)
- Support the delivery of Accenture's security offerings
- Establish credibility with prospective clients by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of Information Security and find opportunities for assistance
- Business development responsibilities including origination, bring together and relationship development
- Help customise Accenture's knowledge assets to support designs that are appropriate for each client
- Develop information & cyber security strategies, roadmaps, cases, and implementation and remediation plans
- Contribute to the design and operation of related management and improvement activities to ensure conformance with client-specific security policies, postures, industry standard methodologies, applicable regulations
- Provide thought leadership and direction for the Information Security practice
- Help recruit, retain, and develop the Security team
- Work either as senior SMEs in their field and/or lead teams in delivering client excellence
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 30/10/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.