Role: Security Consulting Manager - H&PS
Location: Cheltenham, Edinburgh, Newcastle or Manchester
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse abilities and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers of data engineering. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues to drive collaboration from strategy through to implementation. You will be using the newest technologies with clients to help them get to the next level. Do you want to work in an environment where you will be part of a growing team working on the most complex security challenges in the public sector.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with ground breaking technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide variety of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to identify and deploy innovative security solutions to real world problems, across a variety of industries
- How to work with both clients and internal stakeholders, across a wide range of disciplines, providing expert input and influencing design of large and complex IT solutions
- How clients can benefit from new technologies and new business models, while reducing risk to an acceptable level and leading it appropriately
- Security innovation and exciting growth areas
As a Security Consulting Manager, you will:
- Advise our Health & Public Sector clients secure their most critical assets, to offer IT solutions including transformational programmes
- Communicate to stakeholders on secure design solutions and IT risk mitigation strategies
- Build compelling business cases that show the case for change and transformation
- Identify opportunities where Accenture Security can provide additional value to clients, and drive these proposals through to delivery
- Lead and deliver security programmes for clients
- Provide technical advisory and support to large transformation programmes
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Security certifications and understanding of current industry best practices
- Security architecture experience focussing on technical and security skills with good communication abilities
- Comfortable with technical and non-technical concepts
- Experience of delivering large security programmes
- Preferred current Government Security Clearance or ability to gain clearance
- Ability to lead small teams and orchestrate initiatives to promote positive impact in the Health and Public Sector
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to express and articulate technical concepts to a wide range of audiences
- Experience gained from working with firms to in the Health and Public Sector
- Proven history of making a positive impact in improving an organisation’s security posture
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/12/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.