Title: Experience Design Director – Design Experience - Accenture Song
Location: Birmingham-London / Remote - The work location for this role will include a mix of working remotely, onsite at a client or in an Accenture office or center.
Career Level: 6 Senior Manager
Competitive Salary and benefits package including car allowance, individual performance bonus (IPB), global Accenture bonus scheme (GAB) and performance equity award.
Accenture Song accelerates growth and value for our clients through sustained customer relevance. Our capabilities span ideation to execution: growth, product and experience design; technology and experience platforms; creative, media and marketing strategy; and campaign, content and channel orchestration. With strong client relationships and deep industry expertise, we help our clients operate at the speed of life through the unlimited potential of imagination, technology and intelligence. Visit us at: www.accenture.com/song
As a team…
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundary less opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
We are looking for an Experience Design Director to work on two of the most iconic and desirable automotive brands in the world today. Reporting to the Global Creative Director, you will lead a team of 13 experienced professionals of UX Architects, Content Strategists and Designers to craft the digital journey of purchasing luxury vehicles (nameplates) across all JLR products, from launching sector re-defining vehicles to reasserting market position of existing ones.
Both Jaguar and Land Rover are continually striving to offer the best online experiences for their customers and potential customers, so as well as providing continual optimization and enhancements to both platforms, utilizing relevant and engaging content, you will also be required to develop long-term strategic initiatives for both clients. You will work across both brands on their respective global responsive websites and eBrochures.
- Sign off all nameplate and non-nameplate briefs from BHX Account Management
- Review and approve all DX creative nameplate and non-nameplate work for BHX
- Present work – both externally/internally (all levels)
- Support other team members in client/internal calls to present work/sell in recommendations
- Review/Sign off UX message maps before client review
- Review/Sign off UX wireframe documentation (includes taxonomy and sitemaps)
- Review/Sign off all site builds from authoring against UX documentation
- Review/Sign off imagery/assets/functional copy against design/content strategy documentation
- Quickly process the implications of feedback or new direction of visual assets and its effect on the nameplates inflight
- Mediate/resolve any errors/issues impacting DX Creative work with BHX Authoring/Mumbai/AM/PM/Creative/Retouching/Studio/Asset team/Product team
- Ensure DX team is drawing from the same ‘knowledge pool’, to ensure our recommendations are valid and can be delivered with the agreed resource
- Manage multiple nameplates/projects (x7 on average inflight at one time) across x2 brands and multiple model years
- Sense check copy in context of DX and eBrochure for optimisation, functionality, and wider user journey - after Head of Copy has approved it
- Onboard and train new personnel (full time or freelance) using self-created tools/systems
- Conduct recruitment interviews - all levels
- Mentor and upskill DX team - daily
- Run daily stand-up sessions with traffic management to ensure team/workstreams are aligned and work is delivered on time to a high standard
- Establish best practice ways of working for the purpose of continuous improvement on platform
- Run bi-weekly scrums of scrums to deep dive into work and ensure all team members are aware of work within the department – to improve consistency and quality
- Attend kick off meetings for all nameplates both Jaguar and Land Rover at all levels
- Attend client walk arounds/product days onsite at Gaydon or Whitley for new product launches when required
- Help DX team members through group calls or 1-2-1 problem solve briefs, to ensure gateways and reveals are met
- Support DX LDN with wider projects when required
- Assist Global Creative Director, User Experience Director and Design Director when required
- Manage/liaise with external partners such as Dentsu, ITG, DAG, DVA and other suppliers
- Being an active member of the BHX Leadership team - with a DX/Digital focus and its impact on the creative work from a global and market perspective, inspiring colleagues by presenting work at all agencies or leading initiatives when required.
- Understands the importance of end-to-end user experiences and how to positively influence it
Expertise in current state of experience design, technology, and product possibilities
- Experienced in directing, reviewing, approving, and producing Creative work to a high standard
- Highly proficient in crafting premium user experiences
- Solid knowledge of purchase funnelling techniques to deliver consistent performance and growth
- Understanding of eCommerce and online purchase behaviours
- Ability to analyse data/metrics and draw conclusions to increase conversion
Leverage Content Strategy to inform, delight and convert users within the user experience – and how to ensure these are captured as part of a global production programmes
- Experience of reviewing and crafting copy to communicate messaging within the luxury space
- SEO and impact of optimised copy on platform
- Appreciation of Design and the ‘unsaid’ value it adds to a premium brand (digitally)
- Art Direction experience and can seamlessly translate campaigns/treatments/look and feel into a memorable experience on platform
In-depth knowledge of post-production processes (digital and traditional) for imagery, artwork and authoring via CMS
In-depth understanding of asset creation, shoot logistics and post-production complexities and how it integrates into the digital workflow for platform
- Experience of dealing with CGI houses and the creative/functional requirements for DX
- Film and moving image shoots/editing experience for enhance content on DX
- Experience of working with CMS teams/systems is an advantage and the limitations of their functionality
- Strong layout and typographical skills (brochures and platform)
- Agile methodology experience extremely useful when integrating other workstreams into nameplate delivery and also suggest enhancements to current components
- Knowledge of front/backend development processes
- Confidently lead workshops/discovery sessions, with client/internal groups to provide direction to projects
- Understand campaign media plans and their impact on DX in context of the end-to-end user journey
- Strategic and creatively driven
- Able to confidently lead and motivate a team, to consistently deliver a high volume of outstanding creative work
- Strong awareness of commercial and business objectives (Accenture/Spark44/client) and work as part of the BHX Leadership Team
- Experience of operating within cross-functional organisations
- Have mobile first experience approach with experience of building responsive websites
- Self-motivated and solutions focused
- Ability to multi-task (creative work and business critical tasks)
- Tenacious approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Logical with the ability to make complex problems simple and tangible
- Strong stakeholder management skills (internally and client facing)
- Adaptable presentation skills – comfortable presenting to C-suite and entry level roles - to achieve desired outcomes from a project
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage, mentor, upskill and lead experienced blended creative teams
- Able to effectively manage a team x12 strong – remotely as well as office-based working
- Capable of maintaining/enhancing the positive culture of a long-standing department
- Able to build a strong network within S44/Accenture, collaborating with colleagues/teams/workstreams globally to ensure the highest creative standards are met
- Able to work with seniors within the business and take direction/execute assignments when required
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes (25-30) days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Please note that with all our roles, you should expect some in-person time for collaboration, learning and building relationships with clients, peers, leaders and communities.
As an employer, we will be as flexible as possible to support your specific work/life needs.
About Accenture Song
We connect deep human and business insights with the power of technology to define and deliver new realities. Experiences that can make lives easier, healthier, safer, and rewarding. At Accenture Song, we’re reimagining business through experience.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Song, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.