Job Role: Strategy & Consulting – Supply Chain & Operations Manager (Supply Chain & Fulfilment)
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Supply Chain & Operations is a major functionally-oriented strategy & consulting practice: we help our clients reimagine and transform tomorrow’s supply chains and operations to positively impact business, society, and the planet. We do this through a human centered and data driven approach that encourages our people and clients to continuously innovate and generate significant, sustainable global impact. Built on the three pillars of customer centricity, zero based mindset, and responsible operations & organizations, this is what we call the Intelligent Supply Chain.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
Supply Chain & Operations is seeking to recruit a Manager with strong advisory consulting experience and a history of fulfilment and/or supply chain planning projects. The Supply Chain & Fulfilment community is one of the key components of Accenture’s Supply Chain & Operations service line within Strategy & Consulting that operates across industry groups alongside Sourcing & Procurement, Operations & Process Transformation, and Responsible Value Chain.
In our team you will:
- Learn at the forefront of the industry, provide actionable insights to the world's top organisations, helping them address priority C-suite issues with strategies and improvements they can execute with speed and at scale
- Play a central role enabling our Supply Chain & Fulfilment capabilities in working with some of the best global companies in the world, responsible for helping the CSCO/COO, and her or his business partners, address some of the critical business issues faced today, including:
- Supply Chain Strategy & Segmentation (Operating Model, Process Design, etc.)
- Strategic Cost Reduction (Zero Based Supply Chain)
- Integrated Business Planning: S&OP, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Inventory Optimisation
- Control Tower & Analytics
- Supply Chain End-to-End Cost-to-Serve Analysis
- Platform-Driven Transformation (Technology Strategy, Systems Implementation, etc.)
- Responsible and Resilient Supply Chain (Risk, Performance, Innovation, Diversity, Sustainability)
- Physical Logistics & Supply Chain Network Design
- Warehouse Design & Warehouse Automation
- Transportation & Last Mile Delivery
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for leading delivery teams in our Supply Chain & Fulfilment group to formulate and execute customer-centric planning and fulfilment strategies
- Support end-to-end strategy to implementation of supply chain digital and analytics capabilities, including but not limited to SAP, S4/IBP, Oracle, BlueYonder, Kinaxis, 09 Solutions, OMPartners etc.
- Drive supply chain transformations in line with client’s business challenges:
- Create capabilities (process/tools/people) in line with the future operating model
- Analyse and model financial data to support large scale cost reduction programmes, utilising functional and cost category benchmarks, process definitions and enterprise value targeting tools
- Help clients improve their ability to drive business outcomes through digital planning, reporting, and analytics
- Help clients harness digital and emerging technology solutions to power their operational strategies (including via RPA, IoT, Blockchain, Analytics, AI)
- Refine and optimise the client's ability to organise and analyse financial, operational and external information to create substantial shareholder value
- Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across digital, analytics, the supply chain ecosystem and broader marketplace
- Drive and develop vendors relationships with our strategic partners
- Establish and strengthen client relationships with the CSCO, as well as COO, CFO, CPO, and Operations executives
- Support business development opportunities and prepare sales proposals
- Manage highly effective teams of Consultants to help execute client engagements, with a strong capability to develop the skills and capabilities of junior colleagues
- Act as a subject matter expert in relevant areas of supply chain
- Contribute to global thought-leadership and leverage the skills of others throughout the practice to enable cohesive delivery of strategic and transformative solutions
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Ability to analyse complex client problems, understand financial performance links between operations, supply chain and corporate results and think strategically to create a benefit/business case
- Ability to support the origination of new work and the sales process
- Ability to execute programme management and large-scale delivery of projects
- Support commercial management of consulting engagements
- Ability to form strong client relationships particularly at the senior levels
- Strong strategic thinking and team building with a proven track record in driving business outcomes for large clients
- Ability to structure ideas and solutions, to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to develop new concepts and break-through thinking
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Build and manage high-performing teams and undertake career counselling responsibilities
Set yourself apart:
- 7+ years consulting and/or project delivery experience in the industry including: delivery to agreed scope, time scales and budgets from a top tier consulting company or blue-chip organisation
- Functional experience should include some of the following: sales & operations planning, order management, inventory management, demand planning, supply planning, supply chain control tower, physical logistics, warehouse management system, warehouse automation / robotics, network modelling
- Supply chain technology and digital disruptor awareness, including but not limited to SAP, S4/IBP, BlueYonder, Kinaxis, o9, OMPartners, intelligent automation, Internet of Things (IoT), blockchain and analytics, etc.; other specific systems / applications relevant from previous experience
- Experience working in one or more of Consumer Goods, Communications, Media & Entertainment, Energy, Utilities, Manufacturing, High-Tech (including Aerospace & Defence), Chemical & Natural Resources, Life Sciences and Logistics
- Knowledge of core Supply Chain business capabilities
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
Client Account Manager (Marketing)
Posted 2 days ago
United Kingdom London
Client Account Manager (Sales)
Posted 2 days ago
United Kingdom London
Learning Experience Design Consultant
Posted 6 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.