Role: Cloud Data Engineer
Salary: £45,000 to £70,000 (dependent on career level and experience)
Career Level: Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Senior Analyst, Consultant, Associate Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We have exciting opportunities for a Cloud Data Engineer to join our Data & AI practice, part of larger Cloud First Group. We deliver scalable, business-critical and end-to-end solutions for our client - from data strategy/governance to Core Engineering, enabling them to transform and work in Cloud Technologies.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to grow your skills working on challenging and innovative solutions
- Work on new technologies with demanding clients and grow your expertise
- Work in highly skilled teams advising and supporting our clients through the data and technology revolution
As a Cloud Data Engineer, you will:
- Work with client teams to design and implement modern, scalable data solutions using a range of new and emerging technologies
- Work with Agile and DevOps techniques and implementation approaches in the delivery
- Using good communication skills to understand and deliver client requirements
- Bring your experience and ideas to innovative engineering, design and strategy
- Mentor and upskill fellow group members
- Contribute to our internal networks and special interest groups
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Experience in either one or more major cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) platform architecture, developing data engineering pipelines.
- Experience in Spark (Scala/Python/Java) and Kafka.
- Experience working in a client-facing / consulting environment to build trusted relationships with client stakeholders and act as a trusted adviser.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply analytical and creative thought process.
- Proven success in contributing in a multi-location team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability in delivering high-quality deliverables to tight timescales.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience delivering projects within an agile environment.
- Experience in MDM, Metadata Management, Data Quality and Data Lineage tools.
- E2E Data Engineering and Lifecycle (including non-functional requirements and operations) management.
- Regulatory and Compliance work in Data Management
- E2E Data Architecture and Lifecycle (including non-functional requirements and operations) management.
- E2E Solution Design skills - Prototyping, Usability testing and data visualization literacy.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL modern data stores
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes up to 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom Cheltenham
AWS Cloud Engineer (Bristol)
Posted 1 day ago
AWS Cloud Engineer (Bristol or Manchester)
Posted 14 days ago
United Kingdom Cheltenham
Cloud Platform Engineer - Bristol
Posted 19 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.