In this role you will:
- Lead, motivate and inspire teams of Data Architects and Engineers
- Engage with client stakeholders to create a compelling vision of a data-driven enterprise
- Understand client requirements and defining them as architectural models
- Lead end-to-end design of data and data platform architectures, using architecture blueprints
- Support the development and delivery into production of data architecture, coaching delivery teams during delivery using a variety of methodologies
- Analyse and resolve architectural problems, working closely with engineering, data science and operations teams
- Provide technical architecture assessments
- Provide best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns for use across data engineering and architecture communities
- Communicate and provide guidance to senior client leadership and teams
- Contribute data and platform architecture expertise to new sales activities
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Solid understanding of key architecture concerns such as availability, scalability, operability and maintainability
- Knowledge of and experience of the application of modern architecture principles and patterns
- Hands-on experience in development and deployment of data technologies and platforms such as:
- Integration – APIs, micro-services and ETL patterns
- Data platforms – Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka etc.)
- Database (Oracle, SQL etc.) and Data Warehouse (Teradata, Redshift, BigQuery etc.)
- Software coding (Java, Python etc.)
- Analytics tools / real-time data processing
- Digital marketing: social media, personalisation, targeting, SEO, PPC, DMP
- Front-end technologies: HTML5, CSS, JS and related frameworks
- Cloud: AWS, GCP and Azure
- Devices: iOS (iPhone / iPad), Android
- Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to successfully lead and motivate teams of Data Architects and Engineers
- Mastery of leading large-scale database projects, including use of Agile methodologies
- Proven history of successfully communicating with clients and senior leaders to understand/explain business requirements and data engineering strategy.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
AWS Cloud Engineer (Bristol or Manchester)
Posted 7 days ago
United Kingdom Cheltenham
Cloud Platform Engineer - Bristol
Posted 12 days ago
Google Cloud Platform Engineer - Manchester
Posted 12 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.