Management Consulting Manager - Insurance
Location: London, Manchester, Edinburgh
Mobility: Up to 100%
Salary: £70,000 - £89,000
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Within Accenture, the UK Insurance Strategy & Consulting team focuses on scoping and shaping large transformational engagements for leading insurers that lead the market. We help our Insurance clients drive innovation through our deep Industry experience, extensive capabilities, proven assets & market insights both in the UK and globally. With a strong and extensive client portfolio across Personal Lines, Commercial Lines & Life and Pensions, we support our clients in areas such as journey to cloud, digital transformation in Underwriting and Claims, and applications of data & analytics into insurance value chain
We were recently awarded a Gold rating for Insurance in the Financial Times report on the UK’s Leading Management Consultants.
In our team you will learn how to:
- Invent & provide solutions to real world problems across our Insurance clients, leveraging the latest technologies such as AI, cloud and digital
- Build deep client relationships and bring together the wider Accenture business – including Strategy & Consulting, Technology, Interactive, Operations - to create differentiated offerings and enable the best solutions to our clients.
- Deliver tangible, transformational change for clients and develop points of view and results that lead the insurance industry
As an Insurance Industry Manager, you will:
- Help define insurance industry solutions & offerings to help solve our client’s challenges, and support client discussions on these offerings
- Leverage your insurance industry expertise and distinctive points of view to build credibility with client stakeholders
- Build and lead diverse teams, pulling from relevant areas of Accenture, to deliver a differentiated perspective and tangible change for our clients
- Grow and mentor individuals in our Insurance practice, bringing your own personal story to help diversify and expand our talent pool
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Application of knowledge in Personal Insurance & Commercial Insurance, in particular to shape and drive Underwriting & Claims Transformations
- Ability to communicate effectively and build trust-based relationships with senior insurance client business & technology stakeholders
- Deeper expertise in particular digital technology and application to insurance uses cases, such as insurance journey to cloud, digital sales & servicing, analytics, insurance technology platforms
- Solving complex industry problems and shaping & selling offerings to clients, with consideration of commercial frameworks. Leadership across multi-dimensional teams (e.g. digital, technology, operational)
- Market Experience across the following areas: Insurance Claims, Insurance Underwriting, Insurance Broking, London Markets, Commercial Line (including SME), Personal Lines, Pricing, Reinsurance, Actuarial, Life and Pensions and Insurtech
- Insurance Sustainability (ESG) Experience across the following areas: sustainability data, analytics and reporting, sustainable insurance product innovation and sustainable insurance services
Set yourself apart:
- Impact and market relevance with senior client stakeholders (e.g. C-Suite, or C – 1 level)
- Extensive track record in insurance industry or consultancy of shaping & delivering complex change
- Mastery of the Insurance Technology Landscape (e.g. InsurTechs, Software Providers, Cloud Services)
- Distinctive industry point of view and compelling articulation
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Posted 2 days ago
United Kingdom London
Consultant - BCS Consulting
Posted 4 days ago
United Kingdom London
Consumer Goods & Services Management Consultant
Posted 9 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.