Role: Security Architect (Communications, Media & Technology)
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Career Level: Consultant or Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO.
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers of cybersecurity solutions. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues to drive collaboration from strategy through to implementation. You will be using the newest technologies with clients to help them get to the next level. Do you want to work in an environment where you'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, innovative ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that will set you up for success, enable you to develop to your full potential, and drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for an ambitious career, working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with innovative technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to help our Communications, Media and Technology (CMT) clients secure their most critical assets, often as part of major technical transformation
- How clients can benefit from new technologies and new business models, while reducing risk to an acceptable level and handling it appropriately.
- Security innovation and exciting growth areas
As a Security Architect, you will:
- Responsible for designing, and overseeing the building, testing and implementation of security systems within an organisation
- Have a thorough understanding of sophisticated IT systems
- Stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products
- Maintain senior client relationships and able to articulate key security concepts to less technical stakeholders
- Provide thought leadership on market and industry trends
- Help advise our clients on how to improve their security posture
- Lead and deliver technical projects for our clients
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Applied Enterprise Architecture knowledge
- Proven development of secure architectures for enterprises, applications and infrastructure
- Ability to interpret relevance of security controls to compliance with legal, best-practice, and regulatory requirements for client environments
- Engage with Senior account team members to identify requirements, drivers and context, to derive a gap and maturity assessment
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Conduct security strategy, readiness and discovery assessments; be
- Familiar with security and architectural frameworks, compliance requirements and security operations
- Design and develop security architectures for cloud and multi-cloud/hybrid based systems.
- Possess a firm understanding of the native offerings within Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud platforms.
- Develop and deliver an end-to-end Security architecture that serves functional and non-functional requirements. Integration with delivery teams to ensure security best practices and regulatory considerations are deployed in all solution scenarios. Works with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organisations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into the client environments.
- Leads initiatives designed to share knowledge across Security Platforms and/or Technology teams. Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools. Develops and implements strategies to increase Security knowledge throughout the enterprise.
- Industry knowledge relating to the communications, media and technology industry
Set yourself apart:
- Validated design and/or delivery experience of technical security project workIndustry recognised certification in security (e.g. TOGAF, SABSA, CISSP, CCSK,CISA, CISM, CEH, etc.)
- Experience in Enterprise Security Architecture (e.g. Maturity Assessments, Technical, Governance and Process architecture blueprint creation and technical security assessments)
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting)
- Experience in design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Experience in Identity and Access Management
- Experience in Infrastructure Security (virtualised environments a plus)
- Experience in Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Experience in business and process architectures
- Experience in Cyber Security technologies (i.e. Threat and Vulnerability Management)
- Experience in Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Experience in Security Operations (i.e. SIEM and SOC)
- Experience with EndPoint Security
- Experience with application and data protection and privacy
- Minimum 5 years experience working in Security Assessments within on-prem, hybrid and cloud environments (e.g., design, recommend and implement security hardening technical controls)
- Minimum of 3 years leading projects using a standardised set of project management principles
- Minimum of 5 years of technical writing
- Minimum of 3 years of developing teams of 3 or more resources
- Minimum 7 Years Enterprise IT security risk assessments and related frameworks (e.g., ISO 27000 series, NIST 800 Series, COBIT, etc.)
- Minimum 5 Years Conceptual knowledge application of regulatory and legal compliance
Professional Skill Requirements
- Validated ability to build, lead and champion a team-oriented environment
- Validated ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Superb communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/10/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.