Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognised worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
We are recognized as a global market leader in climate change and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) services working with clients to reach their sustainability objectives through the application of digital transformation and emerging technologies. Our dedicated team brings deep experience integrating sustainability into strategy, operating models, processes, and technologies to deliver sustainable growth.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Accenture’s ESG Measurement, Analytics and Performance Practice helps our clients understand their ESG performance and unlock sustainable value. We do this with the careful application of analytics, artificial intelligence and cloud computing to solve competing business problems. This helps clients enhance the accuracy, integrity and credibility of the ESG metrics to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders. At Accenture we have established this team to harness the power of technology to amplify human ingenuity in seeking solutions across the entire enterprise and ESG Agenda. In joining the ESG Measurement, Analytics and Performance team you will drive the C-Suite agenda to address some of the key challenges facing organisations including:
How do I move beyond reporting and disclosure to embed ESG to drive performance? Who should be in charge of ESG in the organisation? What is the optimal ESG Operating Model for ESG measurement & reporting? How do I measure, monitor and mitigate physical and transition risks and comply with the numerous pending ESG regulations/ legislations?
As part of the wider Accenture team, you’ll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
On our team you will:
- Develop and lead high performing multidisciplinary teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities
- Use your judgment to solve complex and ambiguous client business and sustainability problems, bringing structure and rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques; acting and taking decisions with little management oversight
- Develop knowledge of key sustainability trends and how they impact markets, financial performance and corporate strategy in order to identify key value opportunities for clients
- Run Accenture’s business (including cost management, contract management, and resourcing) with discipline, rigor and integrity
- Contribute to business development activities including opportunity identification/qualification and proposal development/presentation
- Support practice/ community building efforts such as developing offerings, assets, capabilities, and relevant thought leadership and engage with the wider Sustainability community across Accenture globally
In this role you will:
- Lead successful ESG Measurement, Analytics and Performance engagements, addressing our clients’ business challenges to deliver commercial success together with positive impacts for society and the environment on topics including:
- Sustainability strategy
- Future operating model and sustainability leadership
- Sustainable growth and portfolio strategy
- Sustainability sentiment tracking
- Sustainability impact assessment and business model diagnostics
- Sustainable technology and data
- Real-time ESG monitoring and tracking
- Sustainable finance
- Sustainability reporting, analytics and modelling
- Leverage your core consulting skills to understand and structure the clients’ challenges; develop hypotheses on solutions; undertake market and trends assessments and develop business cases to unlock value and enhance sustainability outcomes
- Use your deep industry knowledge and sustainability expertise to advise clients on their sustainability goals and transformation
- Build and develop client relationships and develop your own pipeline of work through opportunity identification/qualification, proposal development/presentation, and commercial contract negotiation
- Develop and grow the capabilities of our team, acting as a mentor and coach
- Develop assets, capabilities, and thought leadership and support the promotion of our business in the market
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in project or consulting type of work in roles connected to Sustainability Measurement and Performance topics or you have dedicated experience from ESG work e.g. as a CSO or in a sustainability team.
- Expertise in green data, green technology enablement and ESG metrics definition
- Carbon accounting skills
- Experience in governance of ESG measurement, i.e. environmental operating model design, carbon offset strategy definition and ESG Framework selection
- ESG Risk Management experience, e.g. Green Regulation experience, Carbon Risk Management
- Application of recognised sustainability frameworks and guidelines (TCFD, GRI, SASB, EU Taxonomy, etc.)
- Quantitative analysis and non-financial value case development
- Qualitative analysis, research and stakeholder engagement
- Relationship building at all levels, including with Senior Executives and C-Suite
- Leadership of diverse teams in complex and ambiguous strategy engagements
- Staff development and mentoring
- Comfort leading presentations and workshops with large audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
Set yourself apart:
- Experience working on sustainability engagements in one or more industries which are leading the sustainability transformation including: energy/renewables; mining and metals; mobility; consumer goods and retail; financial services
- Experience working on key ESG Measurement, Analytics and Performance topics including Sustainable growth and portfolio strategy; Sustainability sentiment tracking; ESG impact assessment and business model diagnostics; Sustainable technology adoption; Real-time ESG monitoring and tracking; Sustainable finance; ESG reporting, analytics and modelling; Future operating model and sustainability leadership
- Strong understanding of the sustainability regulatory landscape to guide clients on how to prioritise
- Extensive experience at a top tier strategy or boutique sustainability consulting firm
- Experience in financial modelling, business case development and ESG tracking, reporting and modelling technologies
- Experience of using digital technologies to solving clients’ complex business and sustainability problems
- Confidence to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner and to constructively challenge team members and leadership to ensure the right client outcomes and value are delivered
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.