Salary: Competitive salary and package dependent on experience.
Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Senior Analyst, Specialist, Associate Manager.
Please Note: Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance which requires 5 years continuous UK address history at the point of application.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse abilities and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives with shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for an exciting career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our distributed team, you'll be working with ground breaking technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to provide solutions to real world problems across a variety of industries.
- How to help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
- How best to develop your skills and hone your talents within an innovative technology environment.
As a Java Developer, you will:
- Work as part of a team to deliver features across the technical solution with your focus being on developing Java Spring Boot based microservices.
- Advocate for and employ good development practices on the team such as consistent branching strategy, coding standards, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing.
- Support the technical leads in crafting the separation of functional into microservices and the end to end integration and flow between technical components. Support the test automation engineers in testing the stories and features delivered both from a functional and non-functional perspective.
- Follow the Scrum Methodology participating actively in sprint backlog refinement, sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Have significant Java programming experience, ideally utilising Spring Boot to develop microservices.
- Comfortable using Linux or Unix, Configuration Management tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN, and a modern IDE.
- Capable of working in an agile development environment, both as part of a team and individually.
- Have experience applying TDD/BDD approaches.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, collaborating with others, contributing to craft and estimating discussions and utilising strong collaborator leadership skills.
Set yourself apart:
- Have worked in a client facing environment.
- Hold industry relevant certifications.
- Have led teams and/or worked across multiple projects.
- Have experience parsing sophisticated XML files (ideally SWIFT files).
- Have experience in any of the following; Apigee, API (Creation and Control / Gateway), React Framework, Nodejs, Redux, Emotion, Storybook, JBoss, GIT, Docker, NGINX, OAuth2, JWT, Spring Framework, Kafka, Oracle/Golden Gate, OpenShift, Swift Messaging Hub.
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the outstanding services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and build lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com!
Closing Date for Applications: 31/08/2023
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
RROOTS and ATCTECH
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
United Kingdom London
Application Development Associate Manager
United Kingdom London
Application Development Assoc Manager
Posted 4 days ago
United Kingdom Birmingham
IMS - DC Network Consultant - Birmingham
Posted 5 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.