Job Role: Technology Consulting Manager Fraud and Financial Crime
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
As the world around us changes, so does the scale and complexity of financial crime. Criminals are adapting to current controls and exploiting advances in technology. Additionally, in Financial Services, the regulatory framework continues to evolve and organisations must constantly innovate to manage their risk.
This is where Accenture Risk Consulting comes in, as the world evolves, we are at the forefront of this using cutting edge technologies and advising clients on all aspects of risk everything from fraud and financial crime risk through to climate risk.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How criminals are adapting and the impact this is having on the scale and complexity of fraud and financial crime threats
- The latest industry innovations in fraud and financial crime prevention from behavioural analytics through to digital identity
- Skills in the latest technologies that support successful financial crime prevention such as advanced analytics and machine learning
- How to deliver innovative solutions to tight timelines working as part of a team in a project delivery capacity
- How to build and develop your own brand and career working in the Accenture Risk team
In this role you will:
- Advise clients on improving fraud and / or financial crime prevention, detection, and response utilising skills and experience across policy, process, technology, data, and analytics
- Work with the latest technologies to solve problems related to financial crime
- Understand and solve complex business problems and present back solutions to stakeholders
- Be agile and agnostic to solutions as you work with different client circumstances and as financial crime evolves at an ever-increasing pace
- Work alongside our global clients, with opportunities to travel
- Write point of views on industry trends
- Support in development of sales proposals and offerings
- Contribute financial crime SME knowledge to a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the Risk practice community and build a network across Accenture and clients
Qualifications - External
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Experience working in fraud or one or more of the following financial crime areas; Anti-money laundering (AML), Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF), Know Your Customer (KYC), Sanctions, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) or Surveillance
- Experience working within a fraud or financial crime (risk, compliance, operations or technology) department in a change, advisory, technology, analytics, or operational capacity (as a consultant or in a financial services, government, regulatory, or commercial organisation).
- Experience working with fraud and financial crime technologies such as Falcon, Featurespace, Feedzai, Actimize, SAS, Sira, Hunter, BAE Netreveal, Oracle Mantas, Fenergo, or Quantexa
- Understanding of how data and analytics can be used to prevent, detect, and manage financial crime
- Good working knowledge of UK or global financial crime regulation, legislation, and industry guidance
- Good understanding of the financial crime risk and control framework and best practices for financial crime risk management
- Project delivery experience either as lead or part of project delivery team
- Strong MS office skills specifically in PowerPoint and Excel
- The ability to present complex problems and solutions to senior stakeholders
- The ability to work effectively within a team setting to tight and agile deadlines
- Commercial awareness to support commercial engagements and spot market opportunities
- Able to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including the ability to work across both technology and busines stakeholders
Set yourself apart:
- Knowledge of latest industry trends and developments and how they might impact financial crime threats
- Experience in writing points of view or presenting on financial crime trends and/or latest financial crime prevention, detection, and management technologies
- Experience working on a financial crime project using Agile delivery methodology
- Experience using data and analytics to solve financial crime problems
- Experience either delivering, presenting, or using analytics outputs to help inform policy or action against financial crime
- Experience with assessing appropriateness and effectiveness of financial crime controls and designing / implementing risk-based enhancements
- Understanding of cloud technologies, such as AWS, GCP and Azure or coding languages and Big Data technologies such as Python, R, Spark, and Hive.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 25/10/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.