Procurement Industrial Operations Lead (Manufacturing, MRO, Property and Facility Services)
Competitive Salary and Package (dependent on experience)
Career Level: Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Senior Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers in sourcing and procurement services. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues to drive collaboration from strategy through to implementation. You will be using the latest technologies with clients to help them get to the next level. Do you want to work in an environment where we partner with forward-thinking business leaders of the world’s most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes?
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to provide solutions to across a variety of industries, whilst referencing past deliveries of end-to-end Source to Pay programs
- How to drive Procurement organizations through sustainable changes
- To transform leading organizations and communities around the world
As a Procurement Industrial Operations Europe Practice Lead you will work with external clients to develop category and sourcing strategies across Industrial Operations spend areas including: Manufacturing, MRO, Real Estate and Facility Services, Engineering and CAPEX, Directs.
You will work with clients to support each company’s business goals while achieving optimal commercial structure, quality, and service levels. In this capacity, you will have substantial involvement in supporting sales and solution design for prospective new client accounts and in helping procurement organizations expand their involvement and control of non-traditional spend areas.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Develop and implement client specific category planning and management for the Industrial Operations categories
- Develop and maintain category-specific knowledge assets and market intelligence that capture expertise / best practices
- Provide strategic sourcing oversight and category knowledge in support of the Sourcing Project Management function on projects within categories of expertise
- Infuse market insights into the sourcing process on projects within categories of expertise
- In collaboration with Sourcing Project Management and/or Procurement Practice Advisory, engage with customers’ senior management team members to provide perspective on current market trends to inform client strategic decisions/sourcing initiatives in line with business goals and objectives
- Leverage category expertise to support new sales and drive significant client business value
- Establish, grow, and leverage network of suppliers, industry practitioners, and procurement professionals within categories of expertise
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and customer stakeholders to identify continuous cost and performance improvement strategies
- Provide educational and learning opportunities to internal colleagues and external clients (ex. Webinar, Spend Trends publications) on industry trends, supplier landscape changes, and market intel within categories of expertise
- Coach and develop sourcing project managers in their professional development and pursuit of building category knowledge within area of expertise
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of procurement/consulting or category-related industry or supplier experience
- Minimum of 5 years of strategic sourcing, category management, and/or professional industry experience related to a range of the following sub-categories: Manufacturing, MRO, Real Estate and Facility Services, Engineering and CAPEX, Directs.
Travel: This position may require travel up to 50% to multiple customer locations at times
Set yourself apart:
- Thorough understanding of the supplier landscape and interpretation of market trends within the identified categories listed above.
- Demonstrated success with key clients
- Ability to develop and frequently refresh category market intelligence and insight tools to support internal sourcing teams and educate external client stakeholders
- Ability to apply insights to customer’s situation for meaningful impact
- Ability to influence and persuade senior level client stakeholders
- Effective coaching skills and ability to develop others
- Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
- Existing positive relationships within industries related to the identified categories listed above.
- Strong sourcing knowledge to be able to translate category to sourcing strategy
- Well-developed, solution-oriented selling skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to drive transformational change
- Solid multi-phase project management skills
- Strong ability to effectively manage in a matrix organizational structure working with multiple internal stakeholders
- Ambition to drive the category forwards, innovating internally and with ecosystem partners to drive incremental value for client
- Ability to effectively lead strategic sourcing efforts related to Logistics categories within the context of integrated Plan, Source, Make and Deliver supply chain processes.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom Birmingham
Spark44 -Operations Coordinator
Business Process Delivery
Posted 14 days ago
United Kingdom London
Benefits and Insurance Lead - Sourcing Manager
Business Process Delivery
Posted 15 days ago
United Kingdom London
Procurement Logistics Practice Lead
Business Process Delivery
Posted 27 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.