Job Role: Non-Financial Risk (NFR) Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
As the world around us changes, so does risk and how firms manage it. New digital technologies, increased expectations of firms from regulators and wider stakeholders as well as pressures from investors to reduce cost are leading firms to explore better ways to manage risk and control.
This is where Accenture Risk Consulting comes in, as the world evolves, we are at the forefront of this using cutting edge technologies and advising clients on all aspects of risk everything from fraud and financial crime risk through to climate risk.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to deliver innovative solutions to tight timelines leading a team in a project delivery capacity
- Skills in the latest technologies that support building controls using advanced analytics
- How to build and develop your own brand and career working in the Accenture Strategy and Consulting - NFR team
- How to deepen your client and colleague relationships to deliver value
In this role you will:
- Work with the latest technologies on initiatives related simplifying, optimising and redesigning the NFR control management framework by utilising experience across policy, process, technology, data, and analytics
- Lead teams through all phases of a project lifecycle including developing RFPs, proposals, contracts, planning, discovery, workshops, implementing controls etc.
- Manage teams to solve complex client problems by demonstrating a proactive / can do style of work
- Be agile and agnostic to solutions as you work with different client circumstances and as controls ecosystem evolves at an ever-increasing pace
- Contribute to the NFR practice community and build a network across Accenture and clients
- Write point of views on industry trends
- Lead and support development of sales proposals and offerings
- Coach our teams and develop their skills and knowledge
- Work alongside our global clients, with opportunities to travel
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Experience working in Controls management within a NFR in advisory, technology, analytics, or operational capacity
- Experience using “control by design” or other methods to reduce, optimise and re-think the management of risk
- Good understanding of the control framework and best practices for NFR risk management
- Experience leading diverse teams in complex strategy and consulting engagements, delivering high-quality output in short timeframes
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Experience managing medium to large teams, experience of managing remote teams is beneficial
- Insights on key methodologies, approaches, and market trends in the industry
- Prior Management Consulting experience in the creation of proposals, resource planning, roadmaps
- Strong stakeholder management skills with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience in writing points of view or presenting on risk management trends
- Experience working using Agile delivery methodology
- Commercial awareness to support commercial engagements and spot market opportunities
Set yourself apart:
- Natural leadership and the ability to establish trust-based relationships and work through organizational change and/or expanding ecosystem relationships, developing, and delivering creative solutions
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Consulting experience or ability to work in a consulting environment
- Strong project management skills
- Proven presentation skills, personal impact and ability to lead meetings, presentations and workshops
- Knowledge of latest industry and NFR trends and how they might impact risk
- Experience with assessing appropriateness and effectiveness of controls and designing / implementing risk-based enhancements
- Strong client-facing experience with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including senior internal and client stakeholder management
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/09/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.