Job Role: Technology Sales Manager – Financial Services (Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance)
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
People in the Sales career track grow pipeline and sales by supporting, managing, or leading the origination and/or closing of sales opportunities in a specific area or across a range of Accenture offerings. They progress by deepening sales skills and/or developing new related skills, growing into more complex sales roles, laterally, upward, or in their current role.
The Sales Teams lead the sale of large and complex opportunities at Accenture in the UK and Ireland across a variety of different industries. It is a dynamic team made up of Sales Leads, Deal Shapers and Bid Managers who lead and support opportunities that often combine the full breadth of Accenture. We work with most of the major clients across many market sectors, as well as working with new players in the industry. This is an exciting and vibrant team who bring to bear the best of sales at Accenture within a team environment that positively encourages growth and promotion.
This role sits under the direction of a Senior Sales Lead within the Financial Services Sales team and will be responsible for Sales and Bid activities on key sales opportunities, including developing relationships with key buyers and decision-makers at new and/or existing clients and take compelling propositions to them.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Leading Sales and Bid activities on key opportunities with Financial Services Clients
- Developing relationships with key buyers and decision-makers at new and/or existing clients and take compelling propositions to them
- Managing the end-to-end production of the bid response document or proposition documents, as needed
- Co-ordinating and aligning bid team activities on behalf of the Sales Lead
- Owning and executing the end-to-end sales plan from sales origination until sales closure. This includes supporting origination, proposal management, internal approvals, contract negotiation, and sales closure.
- Working with the sales lead in managing the opportunity from sales pursuit to close (depending on the size of deals, sometimes independently)
- Working with Client Account Leads, Industry Leads and Sales Leads to understand the latest in Accenture offerings and from that develop compelling value propositions to take to the client
- Managing the end-to-end production of client response documents: ITT, RFI, RFP etc.
- Building and managing a knowledge pool for the sales team
- Capturing, communicating, and tracking key outputs and actions from planning and strategy sessions.
- Preparing, reviewing, and securing both internal and external sign-off
- Ensuring consistent and high quality “look and feel” in client deliverables
- Ensuring a competitive advantage is created and maintained
- Assisting in contract negotiations and closing activities
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: business development, bid/proposal management, sales negotiations, or commercial pricing with Financial Services Clients
- Experience in working with Financial Services Clients ( Banking / Capital Markets / Insurance)
- Understanding of Financial Services Industry and Challenges
- Understanding of cloud, data, digital transformation
- Ability to identify and assess complex problems for area(s) of responsibility. Ability to create solutions in situations in which analysis requires in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives (depending on level of experience)
- Ability to adhere to strategic direction set by senior management
- Ability to interact with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture
- Ability to influence or complete assignments independently, whilst making decisions autonomously
- Ability to make decisions and act independently, to determine appropriate methods and procedures on new assignments
- Organised and proficient at planning to achieve challenging timelines
- Ability to coordinate multiple opportunities and initiatives
- Proficiency at working collaboratively with both the internal sales team and client stakeholders
- Degree of accountability for assigned tasks, our clients and Accenture
- Ability to manage medium - large sized teams and/or work efforts within Accenture or client organisation
- Business / Commercial acumen
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Degree educated and or equivalent
What’s in it for you
All of our Sales professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom/virtual, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 01st January 2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.