Job Role: Sales Capture Senior Manager/Associate Director - CMT (Aerospace and Defense)
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Career Level: Senior Manager/Associate Director
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
People in the Sales career track grow pipeline and sales by supporting, managing or leading the origination and/or closing of sales opportunities in a specific area or across a range of Accenture offerings. They progress by deepening sales skills and/or developing, new related skills, growing into more complex sales roles, laterally, upward, or in their current role.
The Sales Teams lead the sale of large and complex opportunities at Accenture in the UK and Ireland across a variety of different industries. It is a dynamic team made up of Sales Captures and Bid Managers who lead and support opportunities that often combine the full breadth of Accenture. We work with most of the major clients across many market sectors, as well as working with new players in the industry. This is an exciting and vibrant team who bring to bear the best of sales at Accenture within a team environment that positively encourages growth and promotion.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Originate, shape and transact large, complex sales opportunities (or a portfolio of opportunities) aligning Accenture’s value proposition to clients strategic ambitions
- Develop relationships with key buyers and decision-makers at new and/or existing clients
- Effectively engage with the C-suite to maintain their continued support of the Accenture proposition.
- Influence client’s selection process and evaluation criteria
- Commercial shaping of multi-discipline transactions
- Facilitate the negotiations and closing activities
- Manage the opportunity from sales pursuit to close
- Establish qualification and win strategy and power map
- Coordinate internal approvals and sales team resources; manage solution/proposition develop client interactions and relevant client demonstrations, etc.
- Ensure a competitive advantage is created and maintained
- May supervise or manage other Sales Captures or Bid Managers
- Requires identifying and assessing complex problems for area(s) of responsibility. Creates solutions in situations in which analysis requires in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Requires involvement in setting strategic direction to establish near-term goals for area(s) of responsibility (depending on level of experience)
- Interaction is with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, involving negotiating or influencing on significant matters (depending on level of experience)
- Power to influence or complete assignments independently and ability to make decisions, as indicated by latitude to devise work products or plans, reliance on instruction and decision-making ability (depending on level of experience)
- Manages large teams and/or work efforts
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Proven experience working in Aerospace and Defense domain
- Demonstrate understanding of complex selling in this domain
- Proven experience creating, and leading large, complex, strategic sales opportunities
- Originating sales and relationships with C-suite, both at established and emerging clients
- Demonstrate an ability for independent thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Articulation of business case and business acquisition led thinking, demonstrating the ability to identify sound business growth opportunities
- Strong business and commercial acumen to drive ideation and deal shaping
- Track record of client relevant digital and/or business led sales opportunities combined with technology or operations industrialization
- Experienced and credible trusted partner with long-standing clients, in turn influencing the client’s selection process and evaluation criteria
- Orchestrating multi-party opportunities across technology or business partnerships/ecosystem
- Leading negotiations and contracting.
- Leading cross functional and diverse teams to success
- May supervise or manage other Sales Captures or other sales team members (depending on level of experience)
- We have several roles open and experience in some specific industries would be helpful, but not essential, as examples, Communication, Internet, Aerospace, Government, Utilities, Energy, Financial Services, Industrial and Distribution.
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Degree educated or equivalent
What’s in it for you
All of our Sales professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom/virtual, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 01st January 2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
Sales Manager - Financial Services (Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance)
Posted 5 days ago
United Kingdom London
Sales Lead - Senior Manager/Associate Director
Posted 7 days ago
United Kingdom London
Sales Lead - Manager
Posted 7 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.