Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Join Accenture’s Payments practice and you’ll work alongside fellow industry experts at the forefront of payments transformation and define cutting-edge solutions to solve our client’s most complex payment’s needs. Our strategy work shapes our clients’ future, combining deep business insight with the understanding of how market trends, regulation and technology will impact industry and business models - drive the CEO agenda on issues related to digital disruption, competitive agility, and global operating models to identify new sources of value.
Are you ready challenge the status quo and develop innovative strategies to disrupt the Payments landscape? Are you ready to co-create disruptive strategies to transform our client’s IT capabilities to deliver market-leading payments offerings? Are you ready to be a catalyst for our clients in our digital and cloud-enabled world?
If yes, then Accenture’s Payments practice is the place for you to catapult your strategy career and take it to the next level!
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global payments team, you'll be working with upcoming industry initiatives and cutting edge payment technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job - our leading industry experts will help you identify and maximize your strengths to position you for success.
In our team you will learn:
- How to build your payments and strategy expertise through our extensive learning materials, mentorship from payments leadership, and access to relevant certifications
- How to deliver client value across a breath of engagements, with examples of previous client work including:
- Organisation wide payments strategy and developing mid to long term responses to the rapidly changing payments landscape.
- Shaping and leading technology strategies to modernise payments – including cloud-based enterprise architectures and leveraging API-driven ecosystems.
- Defining roadmaps for key strategic and legislative driven IT programmes (such as ISO 20022, NPA, RTGS and PSD2)
- Creating new payments propositions to capture market share, leveraging Open Banking and FinTechs
- Defining the way our clients exploit the “New IT” across Agile, Cloud, DevOps, AI and Digital
- Advising our clients on the payments applications of emerging technologies such as CBDCs, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Analytics and Blockchain
In this role you will:
- Lead successful strategy engagements addressing our clients’ business challenges, articulating and delivering lasting and distinctive outcomes and value across the breadth of financial services firms (as well as innovative tech players, retail firms, and other emerging industries)
- Lead both business and IT stakeholders across a wide variety of engagements, advising on emerging trends and technologies ahead of supporting the planning, design and implementation of transformational digital change programmes
- Helping our clients to establish new mindsets and structures that drive long term value aligned to their strategic direction
- Utilize and refine industry knowledge to be able to make implementation-oriented recommendations
- Contribute to our Payments community, which could include developing and managing digital go-to-market offerings, leading cutting-edge research projects/points of view, or building our internal capabilities
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Top-tier strategy consultancy experience preferred, with experience working in at least one of the following industries: retail or corporate banking; merchant / acquirers; alternative payments vendors
- Extensive experience and deep industry-knowledge of at least one of the following key Payments areas: core payments and/or card payments (issuing, acquiring); payments innovations and alternative payment methods (e.g. Bitcoin, e-Wallets, CBDC); payments industry changes (e.g. PSD2, SCA, ISO20022); fraud detection and prevention
- Experience developing thought leadership and relevant points of views across Payments with strong knowledge of ecosystem trends, prevailing investment themes and client challenges, customer trends, new technologies, and implications of economic changes on payments
- Experience in designing transformative architectures for payments systems
- Ability to identify and understand a client’s high-level business needs, and lead teams to create project deliverables to meet these needs
- Well-developed analytical skills to be able to synthesize large amounts of information and subsequently communicate clearly to a wide range of audiences, providing clarity to complex issues
- Ability to comfortably manage stakeholders across levels and areas, including senior stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrable team leadership skills to drive and coach others to successful strategy engagements
Set yourself apart:
- Be a self-starter who loves to solve problems, going above and beyond to deliver lasting client value
- Be well-versed and engaged with payments market trends and innovations, and keen to leverage our offerings to address our client’s business challenges
- Be keen to drive growth within the Payments practice through contributions to our community
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for. (only to be inserted for roles which require mobility)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/21
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
Functional Supply Chain Consultant - WM
Posted 1 day ago
R00045279 Risk NFR Manager
Posted 1 day ago
United Kingdom London
R00042301 Management Consulting Senior Manager
Posted 1 day ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.