Job Role: Cloud First Modern Engineering Pre-Sales Solution Architect
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Career Level: 7-6
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Modern Engineering is a key enabler for business agility, allowing organisations to transform and move faster to compete in the rapidly changing business and technology landscapes of today. It is the perfect blend of Agile and DevOps practices, combined with cloud-native architectures, and Accenture has invested heavily in our capabilities here.
Are you a client facing individual who is passionate about understanding a client’s value case, takes pride in designing solutions using new and existing technology components, enthusiastic about explaining this in simple language to a senior client stakeholder, and thrives in a fast-paced environment constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible? If you are, and you want to work with some of the brightest people in the industry, solving some of the hardest problems for the world’s largest companies, we’d love to meet you.
We are building a community of Modern Engineers capable of thriving in pre-sales solutioning, shaping our largest and most crucial programmes. This community is equally comfortable explaining complex solution design for the C-Suite and the media, as well as collaborating with other teams with a wide variety of functional, industry and technology skills to gain support for adapting to changing requirements. Pre-sales and hands-on technical experience and ability to experiment is essential.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to provide solutions to real world problems encompassing a mixture of custom and packaged solutions, on public, private and multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Pre-sales solution architecture expertise to drive new sales activities, communicating why the designs meet current and future business requirements
- Optimising the technology choices, team size and location to drive the best value for the client and Accenture
- Defending your solution to senior stakeholders inside Accenture and clients
- How to capture learnings and insights from projects to support training and development across the wider solution architecture community in Europe
In this role you will:
- Create business cases for technology and organisational transformation to enable, and take advantage of Modern Engineering
- Assess and recommend best of breed technology solutions to address client needs.
- Co-create & expand on client’s requirements and translate those to the solution designs, implementation plans, estimates and technical designs for complex, scalable and robust solutions.
- Understand and clearly define the input required to create cost estimates, work with delivery centres to finalise cost estimates and optimise to bring the best value for client’s money
- Bring your experience, knowledge and creativity, collaborating with multiple teams to design complex, multi-tier applications, or building new capabilities
- Mobilise the right artifacts for the delivery teams to succeed
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Pre-sales solutioning and support
- Application of modern engineering principles and patterns
- Designing and implementing event-driven microservices architecture at scale with public and private sector clients.
- All, or some, of: software engineering, DevOps, technical architecture, quality engineering, data, AI, scaled agile and innovation on emerging technologies
- Designing and enabling automation to efficiently transform changes in code or configuration into working software
- Establishing built-in quality with CI/CD pipelines, including all testing activities and security vulnerability checks
- Engineering that is resilient by design, capable of self-monitoring and self-healing, and easy to observe in all environments
- Deep and practical working knowledge of one (or more) of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Exposure to Compute, Storage, Databases services native to cloud platforms
- Exposure to modern engineering tooling native to cloud platforms
- Customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Cloud First well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
- Commercial mind-set to provide best value for money to the client – can optimise delivery governance, team setup, architectural decisions etc.
- An ability to think strategically about business, delivery, and technical challenges
- Delivery experience with SOA webservices, APIs and microservices design in Java, NodeJS, .NET, Python, GoLang or similar
- Delivery experience with API management platforms (Apigee, Mulesoft, Kong, 3Scale, WS02, CA or similar)
- Delivery experience on Docker Swarm, Redhat OpenShift, native or managed Kubernetes.
Set yourself apart:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in architecting, designing or implementing Development Architectures and Applications.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom Warwick
MES Solutions Architect
Posted 6 days ago
AWS Pre-Sales Solution Architect
Posted more than 1 month ago
Intelligent Products & Platforms Solution Architect - Industry X
Posted more than 1 month ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.