Job Role: Qualitative Design Researcher, Accenture Song
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Career Level: Associate Manager, Consultant, Specialist
Accenture Song accelerates growth and value for our clients through sustained customer relevance. Our capabilities span ideation to execution: growth, product and experience design; technology and experience platforms; creative, media and marketing strategy; and campaign, content and channel orchestration. With strong client relationships and deep industry expertise, we help our clients operate at the speed of life through the unlimited potential of imagination, technology and intelligence. Visit us at: www.accenture.com/song
We use the power of design to create services people love. By combining a human-centered approach with robust methodology, we work with some of the world’s leading businesses to make complex systems simple and elegant. Design Research is at the heart of our design process. Our Design Researchers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and ethnographic research specialists who navigate the uncertainty of a changing world by delivering a high quality, actionable and inspiring mid-to-long term vision for the future. By listening and learning from end users we can deliver actionable, easy to digest and compelling insights, implications and recommendations for all our clients.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
As a team, we:
- Conduct ethnographic research that helps us come up with invaluable insights to inform our clients’ strategies and product, services & experiences offering.
- Drive the development of the discipline and practice in our studios.
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
As a Design Researcher, you:
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Participate in all phases of the project, bringing the users’ voice upfront. This includes participating in client workshops, creative brainstorms, and product, services, and experience definitions.
- Explain, discuss, and justify the outcome of the research eloquently, taking the extra step of thinking implications and opportunities for our clients.
- Be part of the construction of Design Research deliverables.
- Tell a story: present the communication of research findings, implications, and opportunities both verbally and visually.
- Be open to work with a variety of teams and vendors all over the globe, since we conduct research globally.
- Feel comfortable working with all type of companies and industries, including some of the most successful technological companies.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on projects that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and conducting ethnographic research, driving, and applying user-centered design processes. Comfortable to work collaboratively with users, clients and cross-functional team members.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design; willingness to broaden your own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
- Familiar with the creation of research samples, recruiting screeners, stimulus and protocols for a variety of research activities, visual presentations, user journeys among other research deliverables.
- Comfortable with fast paced research, including more strategic and tactical projects.
- Understanding of a variety of research activities such as Usability testing, online diaries, observation, shadowing, in-depth interviews, mini groups, focus groups, among other.
- Ability to learn new software quickly, experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive.
- 4-6 years of experience as a Qualitative researcher.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Please note that with all of our roles, you should expect some in-person time for collaboration, learning and building relationships with clients, peers, leaders and communities.
As an employer, we will be as flexible as possible to support your specific work/life needs.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.