Role: Health & Public Service - Defence Management Consultant
Location: London, Manchester, Newcastle
Mobility: Up to 100%
Career Level: Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
The Accenture Defence team is rapidly growing and looking to add multi-disciplinary, experienced teammates who are passionate about making a difference to defence and security as we support the UK Government’s shift from the industrial to information age.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways, whilst also knowing that your work is actively making this country a safer place.
We welcome applicants who are looking to help the UK government solve some of its most complicated national security issues, while working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts As a member of the UK Defence team, you’ll also have access to our global Aerospace & Defence network, providing access to global expertise, cutting-edge technologies, and the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to deliver solutions to real world Defence problems, partnering with clients to achieve positive outcomes through collaboration
- How to maximise the use of data in everything you do, and allow this data to drive solutions and approaches
- How to put user needs and experience at the heart of everything
- To focus on driving value for the client, and to anchor client conversations around value engagements
As an H&PS Defence Consultant, you will:
- Work on projects across a range of Defence clients such as the Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, Army, Defence Digital, DE&S, MOD,
- Cross pollinate successes and learnings between the broad spectrum of Accenture’s H&PS clients, including central government departments, public safety clients, and various healthcare clients, both in the public and private sector.
- Engage with and become a trusted adviser to clients at all levels of seniority.
- Work collaboratively with diverse teams on a variety of project across the Defence sector.
- Identify and address client business issues (root cause analysis) by applying pragmatic, results-driven problem solving techniques and creative insights.
- Lead delivery against a plan, ensuring activities are progressing to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Collect, synthesise, and analyse a variety of data types to draw insights that inform evidence-based decision making and drive action.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
The most important thing for us is that you display the right attitude. We would like you to actively contribute to the Defence community and clients as practitioners, think logically to tackle problems and engage others. We want you to be driven to develop yourself and others, an ability to see and articulate the bigger picture of how individual projects and deliverables create value for citizens and a passion for innovation and the latest technology trends. This role will require creative thinking, excellent client communication skills and the ability to identify new innovative ways to apply our skills and services to solve a wider set of client problems.
To apply for this role, you must hold or be eligible for UK security clearance; more information about the requirements for this role can be found here: United Kingdom Security Vetting: Applicant - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
As well as the above, it is desirable that you have experience/expertise in one or more the following areas:
- Experience of working with the Defence sector (ideally within Transformation / Change projects or initiatives)
- Understanding and experience of Defence culture and ways of working
- Understanding and experience of Defence procurement and competition process
- Evidenced ability to deliver in complex Defence environments with multiple cap badge / joint stakeholders
- Understanding of Agile techniques and frameworks with the ability to lead solution teams to seek opportunities and drive value for customers and improve business performance
- Ability to operate at all stages of a project/programme lifecycle, from proposal through to full programme delivery and experience managing risks and working with senior client partners and Accenture’s Leadership
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving skills and be able to utilise continuous improvement techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the capability to influence senior stakeholders
- Experience with Defence business architecture, operating model development, change management or business process definition
- Experience of using data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Qlik, etc)
- Certified in a current technology (e.g. a Cloud platform, a CRM platform)
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/10/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.