Role: Products Technical Architect
Salary: Competitive Salary + Package (Dependent on experience)
Career Level: Consultant, Career Level 9 & 8, through to Manager, Career Level 7
Travel: Must be willing to be based at and travel to client sites throughout the UK. Mix of virtual working and travel to client sites
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
With Accenture Technology you will deliver everything from point solutions for a single business function to large, long term outsourcing services, to complex systems integration installations spanning multiple businesses and functions.
We are focused on bringing innovation to our clients and aligning IT with business priorities enabling a digital and innovation driven Accenture unlocking new growth areas and business opportunities, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
What responsibilities will you have?
- Working as part of a project team reporting to a Project Manager to define and document the application architecture for a variety of software development projects, including eCommerce website builds, Order Management Systems, Product Information Management (PIM) systems and other eCommerce-related software builds.
- Working closely with client technical staff to ensure solutions adhere to client standards and fit their strategic enterprise architecture.
- Definition and management of non-functional requirements, including working with others to ensure that they have been met.
- Definition and organisation of development tasks and accurate estimation of these tasks.
- Work closely with members of the development team to ensure that the software design and implementation meets the architectural goals and quality standards.
- Provide support to the Business Analysts and other project team members during functional requirements definition to ensure that functionality is both technically achievable and feasible with the project constraints.
- Identification and ownership of technical project Risks and Issues, including owning mitigation activities and resolution of issues.
- Undertake other duties as directed by line managers commensurate with the post.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate will have delivery experience in both agile and waterfall environments
- Passion for IT and Technology to develop a career in IT
- Proactive problem-solving skills and proactive approach to preventing re-occurring issues with innovative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability to adapt to the client needs and industry area
- Experience of the full software development life cycle delivering web-based systems
- Experience of architecting software solutions with demanding non-functional requirements such as performance, high availability, reliability, security etc.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of object-oriented design techniques and patterns.
- Knowledge of several standard software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of integration patterns and technologies (for example, Websphere MQ, Mulesoft or other ESBs).
- Client interaction experience, including experience of running workshops with clients.
The ideal candidate should have experience in one or more of the industry groups listed below
- Consumer Goods
What technologies and vendor experience are we looking for? Ideally the candidate should be able to demonstrate some experience in working with some of the vendors and areas listed below. Deep routed technical skills in each of the vendor products and areas are not required.
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, Microsoft)
- Major eCommerce platform (e.g. IBM Websphere Commerce, SAP Hybris, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Oracle Commerce Cloud, CommerceTools).
- Search / navigation and merchandising solutions (e.g. ElasticSearch, Attraqt).
- Order Management systems such as IBM Sterling Commerce.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. Innovation is at our core and you’ll be able to learn about the new technologies and opportunities to bring even greater value to our clients. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/12/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
Smart Connected Products Senior Manager
Scrum Master - Multiple Locations
Posted 3 days ago
United Kingdom Birmingham
Configurator Team Lead 12 Month FTC
Posted 3 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.