ATOM Deputy Compliance & MLRO Officer
Location: London, Manchester, Glasgow
Competitive Salary and Package (dependent on experience)
Career Level: Associate Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Combining our deep knowledge of capital market processes, industry insights, technology experience and network of alliances, Accenture Applied Technology and Operations for Markets (ATOM) helps our clients achieve this success. We offer a broad range of capabilities covering front to back office technology and operations processing that clients can choose depending on their needs.
This solution empowers trading and treasury entities with services such as trading platforms as a service, transaction processing across all asset classes, regulatory reporting, KYC and AML services and data management.
ATOM must ensure it remains compliant with all applicable regulations and in particular those of the Financial Conduct Authority by which one of its companies is regulated.
ATOM is looking to recruit a deputy to its Global Head of Compliance and MLRO Officer to support him with the performance of his Compliance Officer and MLRO functions.
With this role, you'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to leverage innovation to provide state of the art tools to support regulatory requirements applicable to the Capital Market industry
- To work with Operations, IT and Legal teams to develop an effective Compliance Monitoring programme
- To design assessments and slick trainings on AML, Sanctions and Anti Bribery and Corruption
- To roll out an ambitious Risk Framework to support ATOM Capital Market activities.
As a Deputy Compliance & MLRO Officer, you will:
Assist and support the Global Head of Compliance in performing his Compliance Officer function, including:
- developing, assisting with the implementation of and operating policies and procedures to ensure compliance by the different entities within ATOM and their employees with the applicable rules, regulations and internal policies;
- developing a Risk Assessment of ATOM
- developing appropriate training for all ATOM employees and staff on regulatory, compliance matters money laundering.
- monitoring completion of the training by all employees and staff, and regularly updating the training;
- monitoring ATOM day-to-day compliance, including by providing assistance and support to the business in relation to regulatory and ad hoc compliance queries;
- assessing Business Changes and their impact on ATOM compliance with FCA
- assisting the Global Head of Compliance with the preparation of AML reports for the board of directors and any relevant management committee;
- developing, assisting with the implementation of and monitoring appropriate measures to ensure that money laundering risk is taken into account in ATOMs day-to-day operation;
- collaborating with other departments (e.g. Legal, IT, Operations) for assistance and support, and to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Occasionally provide support to the central Legal & Compliance team in tracking regulatory changes.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Degree Level or equivalent
- Proven experience within a Compliance department at a regulated financial services firm
- Good knowledge and understanding of the FCA handbook
- Preferably experience of securities industry
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be organised and autonomous and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work in an international environment
Set yourself apart:
- Mastery of FCA handbook and Capital Markets regulation
- Proven history of success in implementing new regulations in an organisation
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.