Role: Post & Parcels Management Consultant
Location: London, Manchester, Newcastle
Mobility: Up to 100%
Career Level: Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Sitting within Accenture’s H&PS Strategy & Consulting group, the Postal team are working with both public and private sector post and parcel clients from across the UK. We are bringing deep industry insight paired with innovative technology and methodologies to help our clients navigate complex transformation initiatives impacting millions of UK citizens.
Within the practice, you will work on innovative projects with colleagues and clients to drive excellence from strategy through to implementation, making changes that directly impact UK citizens. You will be using the latest technologies and methodologies with clients to help them achieve tangible outcomes and accelerate value. Do you want to work in an environment that is cutting-edge, collaborative and challenging, doing work that really matters?
You'll learn, grow and advance in a collaborative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways. At Accenture, you can truly take control of your own career.
If you’re looking for a challenging career, working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
In our team you will learn:
- How to develop and deliver solutions to real world problems, partnering with clients to achieve positive outcomes through collaboration
- How to maximise the use of data in everything you do, using this data to drive solutions and tell meaningful stories to our clients
- How to lead with user-centricity at the heart of all our work
- To obsess about driving value for the client
As a Post and Parcels Consultant, you will:
- Work on projects and programmes across our postal account, both in the public and private sector.
- Use your experience and expertise to advise, challenge and coach clients and internal teams as needed
- Develop detailed understanding of your client’s business and drive issue-based discussions grounded in a clear understanding of client challenges and barriers.
- Develop trust-based client relationships
- Identify and address client business issues through root cause analysis and by applying pragmatic, results-driven problem-solving techniques and creative insights.
- Use a human-centred approach to solve problems, frame opportunities, and achieve innovation through collaboration and co-creation.
- Lead delivery against a plan, ensuring activities are progressing to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Help in building the postal consulting team into a team of knowledgeably, experienced consulting practitioners.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
We would like you to actively contribute to our community and clients as a practitioner and postal subject matter expert. We would like you to think logically to tackle problems and engage others, whilst driving to develop yourself and others. This role will require creative thinking, excellent client communication skills and the ability to identify new innovative ways to apply our skills and services to solve a wider set of client problems. The most important thing for us is your attitude and willingness to contribute your experience to engage and grow our team.
As well as the above, you should have a level of experience/expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Industry experience in letter and/or parcel delivery
- Logistics and supply chain
- Strong analytical skills, with experience applying these to real world client problems
- Analysing, digesting and then presenting complex data as part of visually engaging presentations to internal or client stakeholders.
- Working as part of a team in the delivery of client facing consulting engagements.
- Experience in understanding and applying innovative technologies to drive client transformation agendas.
- Project management either through internal or client projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the capability to engage and influence client stakeholders.
- Leading and coaching junior team members.
Set yourself apart:
- Have experience in:
- Operations and automation
- Last mile delivery innovation
- Network strategy
- Network modelling and optimisation
- International and cross border logistics operations, including customs.
- Experience in owning and managing relationships with clients (either with your clients or internal stakeholders)
- Certified in Agile methodologies, programme or project management techniques (e.g. Prince 2, Managing Successful Programmes) and/or a Design Thinking practitioner
- Experience in using data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Qlik, etc)
- A good level of understanding or certification in a current technology (e.g. a Cloud platform, CRM, AI/data analytics)
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance, a generous Shared Parental Leave policy, and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/09/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.