Job Role: Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A) Management Consultant
Location: London, Manchester, Edinburgh
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Career Level: Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Within CFO and Enterprise Value, we bring distinctive capabilities serving the CFO priorities to increase enterprise value and steward the digitalization of the entire enterprise. We help our clients keep up with fast changing regulations, innovations as well as changing market conditions. You will be part of a team that brings to our client’s industry-leading best practices, technologies and strategies in everything from financial planning, consolidation and close, analytics and financial reporting.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
As a Consultant within CFO and Enterprise Value, you will be:
- Working closely with clients to understand and clearly define their business planning and reporting requirements
- Supporting our clients to introduce efficient ways of working to include improved process and operating models
- Designing application prototypes, demonstrating these to the client and securing agreement on design in an agile manner
- Creating plans for and supporting system implementation, testing, and training
- Writing high quality client documentation
- Identifying new business leads and opportunities, as part of the client engagement.
- Learning new skills from the wider team as well as across the Accenture organisation
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Experience in FP&A or EPM projects which are part of a finance transformation or digital finance projects (a minimum of 2 years of experience in consulting and/or in industry)
- Comfortable engaging with Senior Finance stakeholders
- Understanding of agile development concepts, including the use of design thinking and prototyping to accelerate delivery
- A deep understanding of client planning, forecasting, and reporting processes
- An excellent understanding of financial accounting fundamentals, such as the Income Statement (P&L), Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements
- Writing clearly structured project documentation such as requirements specification or proposals
- A good understanding of typical data sources (such as ERP General Ledgers)
- Working knowledge on leading Enterprise Performance Management solutions (Oracle Hyperion, SAP BPC / Analytics Cloud / Group Reporting, Anaplan, OneStream or other EPM solutions)
- Experience on solution implementation including supporting business case, functional design and program management
- Experience of finance business process re-engineering including change management in the CFO organisation
Set Yourself Apart:
- Experience with technologies such as Oracle Hyperion, SAP, OneStream, Anaplan or similar is valuable
- A strong understanding of industry operations, dynamics, and trends through experience in one or more industries: Utilities, Financial Services, Retail and Consumer Goods
- Highly credible with the ability to engage broadly with all levels of management, on personal and professional attributes
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of complex issues, the ability to quickly absorb information, conceptual and creative problem-solving excellence
- Driven; enjoys a challenge, proven ability to adapt and remove obstacles to achieve results, determination, and optimism
- Proven track record in driving business outcomes for large clients
- Financial qualification or MBA is preferred
- Flexibility to accommodate client travel requirements
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/22
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.