Role: Utilities Digital Customer Platforms Consulting Manager
Location: London, Manchester, Glasgow
Mobility: Up to 100%
Salary: £71,000 - £88,000
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognised worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are a diverse team of driven individuals, sharing a common passion for driving the carbon net zero agenda across our wide-ranging portfolio of clients. Our mission is to expedite the energy transition; reducing emissions whilst ensuring a stable and affordable energy supply enabling robust future economic development. From strategy development and delivering innovative new technologies through to enabling organisational and operational excellence, we are committed to a global sustainable future for our clients.
Our team thrives on shared success, diverse ways of problem solving and boundaryless opportunities across clients and locations that drive each of our careers in new and exciting ways. Specific to our team, innovation is at the heart of our approach and we bring cutting edge technology to our clients, helping them on our collective journey to a more sustainable future. From massive scale capital infrastructure projects building new energy generation plants, to ensuring UK critical national infrastructure grid resilience, through to instilling customer centric approaches in energy retail, our team are at the forefront of utility excellence across the value chain.
As part of our team you will learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that embraces your individuality. You will be challenged and rewarded while surrounded by a highly passionate and supportive team. A core part of our mentality is that together we thrive and together we will succeed in achieving net zero.
In our team you will learn:
- How to work with our diverse utilities client base to solve their most difficult problems on the national stage
- On the forefront of massive business case value to drive change in the relationship consumers’ have with energy, and the regulation this dictates how their use and the impact on the environment
- The delivery of truly innovative work on the back of emergent technologies to support the energy transition
- The benefit of working across multiple geographic locations and workforces, with access to our global knowledge and capability network through teaming with high calibre Accenture colleagues bringing a wealth of industry and functional experience
As a Utilities Digital Customer Platform Manager, you will:
- Support clients exploit the value from next generation cloud and digital customer platforms to deliver tangible and new product experiences to end consumers (B2C) and businesses (B2B)
- Enable clients to transition to agile ways of working including the implementation of Product Teams and digital ways of working
- Work with cloud and SaaS partners to define new Utilities Retail processes and customer journeys to enable fundamentally lower cost to serve business with greater automation
- Blend understanding of key technologies that are used in the industry with clear understanding of Utility Retail operations to be able to support client as they transition to new platforms and technologies
- Work alongside clients to understand their business and digital challenges and bringing your expertise to guide them through to success, including assessing what digital tools or platforms can best meet the requirements of their strategy
- Use your structured and innovative problem-solving skills to analyse and solve client business and technological problems using data and research
- Draw insights to aid business decisions through your well-developed quantitative skills e.g., financial analysis, market data analysis, customer insight.
- Help clients understand the commercial aspects of their decisions, such as creating a business case or cost/benefit analysis of proposed actions and identify the decisions needed and risks associated with platform investment and delivery
- Project manage and use your experience with delivery methods such as Agile, Lean, and Design Thinking to drive success
- Use your relationship and stakeholder management skills to accomplish team objectives
- Clearly communicate complex ideas (written, conversational and presentation delivery)
- Collaborate with digital practitioners globally to share latest thinking and insight on technology changes and implications for clients
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Relevant industry experience in the electricity, gas or water retail markets
- Next generation utilities’ customer service technology or digital platforms such as Kraken, Kaluza, ENSEK etc. (cloud platform software design/development or advisory experience)
- Customer Strategy and Customer Experience; segmentation, channel strategy, customer journey improvement
- Customer Operations Transformation; operational effectiveness, contact centre improvement / transformation, digital channel management, people and operating model change, analytics driven insight development, process improvement
- Customer Service Improvement; improved customer satisfaction, reduced cost to serve
- Customer data analytics or an understanding of the best practices of key customer KPIs for service and sales function of an organisation
- Initiative identification, technology roadmap development, product selection, channel management, CRM and other systems delivery
- Knowledge of emerging digital technologies and their impact on service and sales strategies
- Leadership experience managing teams both from a project delivery and personal development perspective
- Project management delivering high complexity projects on time and to Client satisfaction
- Strong consulting experience with excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills
Set yourself apart:
- Personable, with the ability to communicate with excellence
- Creative and innovative thinking, demonstrating capability in solving complex problems with a non-traditional approach'
Proven history of success in next-generation utility retail technologies
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/12/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
Management Consultant (Telecoms & Media industries)
Health & Public Service Digital Identity Consulting Manager
Retail Operations Management Consultant
Posted 1 day ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.