Job Title: Network Infrastructure Engineer
Capability: Technology Services
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
Reporting to the Infrastructure Projects Specialist, the Infrastructure Projects Senior Analyst would be part of the Local Infrastructure Operations providing infrastructure engineering services for our Accenture offices across UK & Ireland. This is to include building fitouts, hardware replacement programmes, ventures & acquisitions and new technology installations.
The role also requires the candidate to have strong skills in the area of communication as they pertain to customer relationship management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Global Initiatives and Upgrade Programmes (Network & AV Hardware/Software Refresh and Lifecycle)
- Ability to interpret bill of materials and translate into new designs and topologies
- Consult with internal stakeholders on approach and timeline for deployment
- Communicate expected costs to finance and operation teams for inclusion in forecasts
- Coordinate and manage interaction with global network and AV teams
- Coordinate and manage interaction with 3rd party vendors for hardware orders and installations as required
- In coordination with the operations team understand the impact of upgrades and initiatives on the existing operational environment
Real Estate Changes and New Builds
- Review both physical and logical network topologies
- Conduct on site surveys as required
- Advise on comms room standards, security, power and layout requirements
- Coordinate with local technology project management team
- Coordinate 3rd party vendor support for project design and implementation
- Advise on physical infrastructure design and layout at design and implementation stage of project
- Ensure timely processing of new build documentation (New Building Technology Requests, Network Security Requests, Network Design and Architecture requests)
- Ensure timely documentation of network packs post deployment
- Ensure smooth handover of project to operations team
- Advise as an SME on agreed Accenture Infrastructure standards and ensure that all work carried out conforms to Accenture policies and standards
New AV Installations
- Gather AV requirements through design calls and onsite surveys and provide recommendations for overall solutions
- Obtain sign-off for AV solutions from relevant stakeholders
- Advise on network connectivity and topology required to implement AV solution
- Coordinate interactions with vendors and global deployment teams as required to ensure smooth installation on time and within budget
- Internal configuration of AV connectivity in collaboration with global deployment teams and operations as required
- Ensure smooth handover of projects to operations teams
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT AND COLLABORATION
Delivering Customer Service Excellence
- Build effective relationships with customers, acting as a key point of contact, actively seeking out and responding to feedback in order to deliver a high level of customer service
- Build and maintain a strong rapport and on-going relationships with key individuals, for example:
- Accenture Workplace Solutions, Facilities Management Provider, Global Infrastructure Services for Accenture (ISA), the CIO organisation, Connectivity & Compute Services (CCS).
- Relevant third parties and suppliers
- Local leadership and business contacts
- Work with customer representatives to capture requirements
- Actively manage an issues resolution process to track issues and proactively problem solve to eliminate reoccurrence
- Ensure proactive involvement with relevant projects and initiatives to improve the impact on service delivery
- Understand the importance of Information Security Guidelines to increase awareness of Accenture’s Information Security Policy to enable the implementation of best practice in the workplace
Collaboration Best Practice
- Actively connect to Accenture’s collaboration culture (e.g. set up a profile on Accenture Stream, join relevant Circles, use collaboration tools such as video conferencing/skype for business, etc.)
- Share knowledge with others in own team and wider workforce using the agreed Accenture collaboration tools (e.g. post and respond to questions that are in own sphere of expertise on the Accenture stream)
- Proactively collaborate with others in own team and the wider workforce to ensure delivering value to clients and to Accenture (e.g. act as a trusted advisor and make suggestions on the best way of delivering service in own area of expertise)
- Actively question how services are delivered, contribute ideas and work on any actions identified to improve service.
"International Candidates will be considered"
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ACCREDITATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Information technology or the equivalent experience
- Certification in Cisco CCNA and/or Juniper JNCIS -ENT is preferred
- Good knowledge and experience are required of:
- LAN/WAN protocols, technology, networking principles (for example VLANs, DHCP, DNS, routing, TCP/IP, UDP protocols)
- Cisco, Juniper and Aruba Architecture and equipment
- Cabling specifications, Copper catagories and fibre mediums.
- ITIL certification would be advantages
- Client facing experience
- Hands-on experience of installing/configuring/ replacing network hardware
- Vendor Management
Overtime and travel will be expected due to the nature of the role.
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days of vacation per year, access to app based fitness classes and discounts on range of gyms, private medical insurance and three days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Closing Date for Applications 14/06/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Senior Manager – Resources Client Group – Upstream Energy
Posted 1 day ago
Cloud and PaaS Technical Architect - Regional
Posted 1 day ago
Functional Lead - Health & Public Sector (H&PS) - Manchester/Bristol/Edinburgh/Glasgow
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.