Job Title: UKI Technology Services - Local Support Lead
Level: Career Level 9
Salary: Dependent on Experience + Excellent benefits
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
Responsible for the day to day operational management of the UKI Technology Support functions which provide Workstation Imaging, Application support, bespoke scripting and third line IT support for the workstation environment.
Responsible for the day to day operational management of the Warwick and Manchester Technology Support functions which provide first, second and third line IT support for the workstation environment.
Reporting to the UK Support Lead, the UKI Workstation / Remote site Lead Specialist is responsible for:
UKI Workstation Imaging / 3rd Line support
- Overseen the monthly image management release and updates
- Day to day management of the PC Upgrade function engineers
- Oversee escalated non BAU tasks to support wider CIO teams and client.
- Responsible for escalated non BAU tasks to support wider CIO teams and client.
- Lead development of scripts and applications to help automate efforts for both local and wider teams.
- Oversee non BAU technical projects to promote new technology
- Oversee compliance effort engineering function
- Investigate and Lead automation of tasks for teams using technology available.
Engineering TSL management of remote sites, PC Upgrade FCS
- Day to day management of remote site local support engineers
- Day to day management of the PC Upgrade function engineers
- Day to day management of the Workstation function engineers
- Responsible for the PC Upgrade engineering function, working with the enablement team to provide new devices to the CIO customer base.
- Performance, career development and succession planning of the local support team
- First and second line in country PC, MAC & Mobile support service provision
- Hardware Break/Fix & Software support
- Local product and service adoption drives
- Event support
- Acquisition PC support
- Non-PC Device support (e.g. MS Surface Hubs, tablets)
- Proactive support provision (customer education)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Operational Build Process Management
- Provision of the final PC build and data transfer process for London New Joiner and Upgrade service including data transfer.
- Effective line management of two on-site installation engineers, providing the PC deployment service.
- Maintenance of effective procedures and controls to ensure consistency and quality of build process and customer interactions.
Operational Image Management
- Operational management of the UK PC software image deployment service, ensuring that the optimum performance and quality levels are maintained.
- Ensure UK Workstation Images, Post Loads and relating documentation is updated and distributed to all relevant internal operation teams.
- Management of a local UKI PC Change Control process for both PC hardware and software changes into our environment.
- Third line level technical support provision to senior IT support engineers,
- Management of customer escalations and problems relating to workstation image or build processes,
- Subject matter expert and technical lead for bespoke customer groups requiring custom Microsoft Windows images, along with full automation for either client or internal projects.
- Technical escalation point and lead for outsourced service providers, PC Rental and PC Build Services. Ensure correct use of Accenture standard images, build processes and polices where appropriate.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Ireland team counterpart to ensure UK and Ireland is consistent with image content, management (including processes) and deployment.
- Be aware of and understand global Personal Compute strategy in order to plan for any locally required changes.
- Active participation in global team conversations to effectively drive UKI agenda, ideas and opportunities that could benefit other GU’s.
- Ensure good working understanding of the wider ISA Technology Services teams structure and function. Understand how this links in and assist with the Enablement team service provision. Use this knowledge to ensure seamless wider team delivery of services and effective cross team working.
- Be aware of and understand our full suite of IT Services and costs, allowing effective discussions within wider team and with our customer base when required.
- Proactively seek out, test and provide recommendations for new IT products or technologies that would benefit our local service provision and customer experience.
- Providing peer and team education in the form of workshops or training sessions relating to relevant products, tools and procedures in workstation environment.
- Lead and contribute towards continued process excellence and process initiatives within workstation environment.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and innovations in the PC field.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of core CIO IT Products and Services within your aligned area (Security, Core Architecture, Workstation Technology and Collaboration, End User Services, Digital Workplace). Is aware of pricing, eligibility and best practice use and is able to advocate this seamlessly to customer group. Helps shape the products and services, provides feedback based on customer feedback requirements and own experience and knowledge.
- Build good trust based relationships with key customers & customer groups. Ensuring that two-way feedback is maintained relating to our services, products and current customer priorities, challenges and requirements. Work with these contacts to identify opportunities for service improvements.
People Developer and Relationship Management
- Effective team collaboration across our support teams both locally and globally through meetings, use of collaboration tools and shared repositories for sharing best practices and successful service delivery.
- Effectively coach and develop direct reports within team.
- Ensure adherence to Accenture performance management process.
- Ensure direct reports have an active and relevant training development plan and are conducting agreed training throughout the year.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key internal teams, customer groups and external suppliers to ensure smooth and consistent running of the image management and build service.
- Update the asset management tool to accurately account for movement of IT hardware in accordance with asset management processes.
- Provide regular assistance where required to our enablement team for other asset management requirements in order to contribute to our overall asset management KPI’s.
- Manages Accenture provisioned IT assets and equipment, working to agreed processes, polices and security standards using knowledge of internal service operations and business requirements.
- Be cost aware, ensuring focus is maintained in providing the right costed solutions for our customers.
- Proactively suggest ways to ensure services remain cost efficient
- Be aware of our cost recovery mode and ensure its correct use when delivering services
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ACCREDITATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated use of Microsoft deployment tools (ImageX, Sysprep, Windows ADK, WDS, MDT, DFS etc)
- Excellent knowledge of scripting tools to automate procedures (XML, VB etc)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft USMT
- Working knowledge and demonstrated use of Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Active Directory, SCCM/WSUS
- Thorough comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system environment (Windows architecture to registry level)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and how these are implemented in image deployment
- Polished 3rd line technical troubleshooting skills
- Deployment and 2nd/3rd line troubleshooting knowledge of Apple operating systems
- MCTS/MCITP qualified
- Sound understanding of LAN/WAN networking principles and technologies
- Some Knowledge of IL1, IL2, IL3, Government Assurance Pack policies would be beneficial.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products to the following levels:
- Excel - Intermediate
- Word - Intermediate
- PowerPoint - Intermediate
- Microsoft Outlook - Intermediate
- Basic understanding and use of ITSM Remedy, or equivalent incident management tool.
- Standard work hours of 09:00 to 17:30 typically apply. However, a flexible working attitude is required when considering global teams and critical milestones within project delivery.
- Office based. A level of travel and working from other customer or client locations may be required from time to time.
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days of vacation per year, access to app based fitness classes and discounts on range of gyms, private medical insurance and three days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Closing Date for Applications 30/06/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.