MES Solutions Architect
Salary: Competitive salary and package dependent on experience
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers of digital solutions for manufacturing operations. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues and clients to change the way the world makes things, embedding intelligence in all aspects of manufacturing operations to help people do more using less; to deliver step changes in operational excellence; and to help manufacturers navigate an ever-changing future by building agility into their systems and processes. Do you want to work in a setting where you can be involved from strategy through implementation, where you can see your ideas come to life? Do you thrive in an environment where initiative is rewarded with opportunity?
If so, you'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
Industry X is an advanced, digitally enabled, innovative, planning and investment approach for manufacturing and asset-intensive industries. In your role within our Industry X team you will help clients take advantage of significant market opportunities as digital technology moves into the core of industry in product development and manufacturing environments. You will help them transform their product, manufacturing and product related services value chains in Food and Beverage and CPG, Communications, Media, High Tech, Aerospace & Defense, Chemicals, Mining, Oil & Gas and Utilities. You will benefit from tailored career management and specialist skills that will fuel your ambitions in the Industry X space.
In our team you will learn:
- How to reinvent industries such as Food and Beverage and CPG, Medical Tech Equipment, Media, High Tech, Aerospace and Defense, Chemicals, Mining, Oil and Gas and Utilities
As a Solutions Architect you will:
- As a leader, work closely with our clients, and design team to create, implement, and troubleshoot a range of manufacturing programs and software.
- Lead technical sales calls with clients, work closely with project managers and engineers, and confidently manage differences of opinion across the spectrum,
- Participate in the project life cycle to implement required information technology, adding technical know-how, creativity and a seasoned perspective leading to the implementation of technology.
- Promote, reuse and apply existing solutions in new ways and help evolve components, patterns and templates.
- Define and document the structure, connections and relationships of operational processes, data applications, user interfaces and infrastructure.
- Respond immediately to security incidents and provide post-incident analysis
- Provide technical advice on solution and detail design
- Be hands on with solutioning, documentation of solution document and detailed design
- Work with various teams within Accenture and Client teams to understand the overall end to end tech stack
- Draft cost estimates and cost/benefit analyses
- Build strong relationships with customers and partners
- Research and monitor technology development and industry trends for their applicability and functionality.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- A deep and practical working knowledge of one (or more) of AVEVA/Wonderware MES, PTC ThingWorx, Parsec TrakSYS, Rockwell MES platforms, or custom Microsoft-based MES development
- Software architecture design and modelling skills
- Working knowledge of software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies required
- Experience evaluating and implementing new technologies in a manufacturing environment
- Results driven with a strong sense of urgency and an ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required
- Exceptional analytic and creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a client facing role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or another related discipline would be a plus
- Proven experience of managing a team of developers/engineers
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, follow-up, and accuracy coupled with good analytical and critical thinking skills as well as solid business acumen
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of performance optimization and load testing tools would be an asset
- Hands on experience with Java, and Microsoft technologies (C#, .Net), and SQL Server
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to Drive results and participate in the project life cycle to implement required information technology, adding technical know-how, creativity and a seasoned perspective leading to the implementation of technology
- Mastery of promoting, reusing and applying existing solutions in new ways and helping to evolve components, patterns and templates
- Proven history of leading clients and design teams to create, implement and troubleshoot a range of manufacturing programs and software.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days of vacation per year, access to app based fitness classes and discounts on range of gyms, private medical insurance and three days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
Modern Engineering Cloud First Pre-Sales Solution Architect
Posted 25 days ago
AWS Pre-Sales Solution Architect
Posted more than 1 month ago
Solution Architect - Industry X
Posted more than 1 month ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.