Senior Security Analyst (CSS/MDR)
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Career Level: Associate Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Accenture is the global leader in cybersecurity. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives. This is a Senior Cyber Security Analyst role in the Managed Security Services organization focused on Managed Detection & Response.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will:
• Develop a deep understanding of Cyber Security Operations
• Develop your knowledge and skills on key cyber security technologies
• Develop your knowledge and skills of cyber-attacks, vulnerabilities and counter measures
As a Senior Cyber Security Analyst, you will:
• Work within a 24x7x365 team to support the timely delivery of security monitoring services.
• Investigate attacks against customer networks.
• Monitor and analyze log data, network traffic and/or alerts generated by a variety of security technologies in real-time; escalate and explain validated security incidents to customers.
• Write up security incident reports detailing the threat, its characteristics, and possible remediation activities.
• Research new threats and ensure appropriate detection capabilities are in place to identify and respond to these threats.
• Routinely review security incidents and other customer deliverables for adherence to the established procedures and guidelines; document, rectify, and provide feedback to other analysts as required.
• Document best practices and contribute to knowledgebase articles.
• Ensure the quality and timeliness of the security incident detection and classification service.
• Ensure standards and procedures are adhered to within defined SLA’s.
• Articulate security issues to customers, both verbally and written.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement.
• Manage and track customer issues and requests.
• Act as an escalation point for junior analysts.
• Provide training and coaching to more junior analysts.
• Deliver internal and external presentations related to the MDR service.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
• Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in retrieving information and generating reports using SQL.
• Experience performing cyber security investigations and remote response using EDR technologies.
• An excellent understanding of the cyber security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
• An excellent understanding of computer networking, including detailed technical knowledge of TCP/IP and other networking protocols.
• Experience in an operational environment, ideally with customer-facing responsibilities
• Experience in a cyber security role, ideally focused on intrusion detection/security monitoring, incident handling and/or analysis
Set yourself apart:
• Ability to communicate clearly at all levels, demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess one or more of the following certifications: SANS GCIA, SANS GCIH, SANS GCFA, SANS GCFE and/or OSCP.
• Excellent technical troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 30/06/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.