Bow & Arrow, Associate Strategy Director
WHAT THIS ROLE IS HERE FOR
The mission of an Associate Strategy Director in Bow & Arrow is to work alongside our leadership team to define and deliver a future vision for their account(s), the work we deliver and the business. They will have total ownership of building long-term relationships and delivering account growth plans over the next 1-2 years through launching and scaling new ventures with our clients. They will have a role to play in identifying, constructing, winning and delivering large deals that bring together the best of Bow & Arrow and the wider Accenture offering. This role will play an essential part in delivering our growth plan over the coming years through helping us to be part of large and long-term projects with our clients to deliver new ventures to market at scale.
As an ASD you’ll first and foremost be accountable for building and developing clients, typically owning the growth and quality of work for one or two accounts.
Accountable for the growth and servicing of your client(s):
- Create the client vision and account plan
- Form trusted relationships with the most senior client contacts
- Crack into new relationships where we don’t have ‘permission’
- Accountable for the delivery of revenue and profitability of your account, generating work for B&A and wider Accenture teams
- Transfer learnings across accounts with other B&A account leads
- Responsible for building relationships with Accenture account leads to identify new opportunities and support the overall account growth strategy
Ensuring the highest quality work is delivered across the projects within your account:
- Support and challenge project leads on their approach to the work and team management, keeping them looped in on the account and client context
- Provide light touch quality control on the work, while empowering project leads to take total ownership of outputs
- Support project leads in developing personal client relationships and developing their own sales opportunities
- Identify strengths in your project leads and adapt your support, partnering them on the work in the most impactful way
- Seek ways to improve the quality of the work by collaborating across the Accenture ecosystem
As a senior member of the team you will also have a strong role to play in leading our business across one or more areas, for example:
- Commercial - helping us develop and negotiate new and innovative pricing models for our work. Sharing best practice across all account leads and more broadly in Accenture.
- People - being responsible for a Family Tree of mentors and mentees, mentoring and supporting them in their growth and development
- Business development - leading net new pitches beyond your core account focus, helping us to win new clients and grow our portfolio across our focus sectors
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will work as a senior leader in our business. We look for people who are able to be at the forefront of the growth of our business, inspired by the challenge of growing our business and those of our clients. You will role model the mindset, values and attributes that embody us at our best.
We are particularly interested in people with experience in the Health or Financial Services sectors, although this is not a core requirement of the role.
Exceptional client partner and challenger
- Experience leading major transformational projects (£1m+) and delivering account growth through selling new work
- Able to build deeply trusted coaching relationships with C-suite clients
- Has the gravitas to help the client see the vision and push them to rally the resources to get there
- Confident challenging clients to think differently, pushing them into new territories and building the trust in clients to do it again
Inspiring people leadership
- Strong and inspiring presence in the business with the ability to create the conditions for high-growth
- Skilled coach and mentor to project leads and others in the team
- Able to form excellent partnerships with other leaders across Creative, Strategy and Powerhouse, and other Accenture teams
- Able to weigh up the commercial and human elements of business decisions to reach clear-minded decision
- Demonstrates strong emotional intelligence and self-awareness, can adapt their style for highest possible impact
Long-term innovation project expertise
- Has a solid understanding of the various operational requirements for launching and scaling ventures - e.g. technology build, scalable operations, growth marketing
- Commercial expertise in pricing long-term engagements that involve multi disciplinary teams and/or 3rd party partners across all stages of the agile project cycle
- Able to form relationships with leaders from other Accenture capabilities and 3rd parties to shape and deliver complex client briefs
Leads with the values
- Driven - Stretches the thinking of our team, raises the bar on our and our clients’ ambition
- Fearless - Challenges other leaders and partners in the business. Leads by example on proactive tough conversations externally and internally and inspires others to do the same
- Better - Role models best in class work quality - able to push the quality of the work or pull in others to do the same
- Generous - Makes time for others; giving support, coaching, direction, challenge and advice
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.