Job Role: Risk Modelling and Model Risk
Salary: £50,000 - £61,000
Career Level: Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Recent events such as the C19 pandemic and the increasing focus on climate change has shown the critical role that the management of risk plays in the viability of business. Accenture UKI’s Risk practice helps its clients - predominantly in the financial services industry - stay safe, become more effective and better informed about these risks and stay compliant with a constantly evolving regulatory environment.
At our clients, we work with the business, the risk function, technology teams and with compliance, helping them succeed by combining a world class change capability with the deep technical skills that the client risk teams require. Risk modelling and data analytics in particular a core technical skill we are seeking to build out within the practice as demand for these services grows across the industry.
We work alongside Accenture’s market leading practices in banking, technology, cloud platform delivery and applied intelligence to enable a scale and breadth that is unrivalled in the consulting services industry. Our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate with the ecosystem, operate, and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
You will learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you are looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you will be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- At the forefront of the industry, you’ll create, own and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises.
- Become an integral part of our Risk practice with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
- You will be working with famous brands and household names – no worrying about how to explain what you do to your family again!
In this role you will:
- Support clients in the development, monitoring and use of risk models and risk analytics
- Support clients in executing independent model reviews, model validations and model audits
- Solve challenging business problems using risk analytics
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new solutions and ways of working in the domain of risk analytics
- Build reusable assets, solutions and develop best practices for emerging topics related to risk modelling and risk analytics
- Communicate and provide guidance to senior client leadership and teams.
- Contribute risk modelling and risk analytics expertise to new sales activities
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Relevant work experience in risk analytics, decision science or model risk management
- Expertise in the following risk modelling domains; retail scorecards, corporate ratings, IFRS9/IRB modelling, forecasting and stress testing, market risk VaR and IMM, counterparty credit risk, pensions risk, non-financial risk quantification *
- Familiarity with model risk management and model governance standards as commonly applied in Financial Services
- Practical experience in coding languages eg. SAS, Python, R, Scala, (Python preferred)
- Proficiency in database technologies eg. SQL, ETL, No-SQL and Big Data technologies e.g. pySpark, Hive, etc.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills
* We expect candidates to have experience in some of these domains, not all
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to successfully build relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Mastery of problem solving and solutioning
- Experience of using Cloud technologies eg. AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Proven history and background in statistics/mathematics/macroeconomics
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
USA CA - Los Angeles
Capability Network Real Estate and Workplace Solutions Consultant - West
Sales & Commerce Consultant
Sales & Commerce Manager
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.