Job Role: AWS Sales Lead
Salary: £64,000 + (Based on experience)
Career Level: Manager/Senior Manager/Associate Director
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
You will become a member of the Accenture AWS Business Group (AABG) in our Sales career track. You will be joining one of the fastest growing parts of Accenture as we build our Cloud First business in UKI. Accenture is the AWS UKI Consulting Partner of the Year 2020, reflecting the investment and importance of cloud technologies to our clients’ businesses.
As an AWS Sales Lead, you will proactively grow our AWS Technology Consulting and Services pipeline and sales, you will work with both Accenture and AWS account teams to proactively originate, shape and close opportunities involving AWS technologies. You will build close relationships with clients, the broader Accenture team and with AWS in an exciting and fast-growing cloud market.
This is an area of high career growth potential for individuals with strong technology and services sales backgrounds, who are willing to invest in training to build specialist knowledge in the underlying AWS technologies to effectively shape solutions with our clients.
- Develop relationships with key buyers and decision-makers at new and/or existing clients
- Effectively engage with the clients at all levels, to maintain their continued support for Accenture & AWS.
- Lead the deal - including qualification, shaping, defining win strategy, charting power map, etc.
- Engage early to influence client’s selection process and evaluation criteria
- Interaction with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture and AWS, involving negotiating or influencing sales strategy.
- Working with Client Account Leads and Industry Leads to understand the context to develop compelling value propositions to take the client
- Lead the overall solutions shaping using your knowledge of the AWS platform, bringing together Accenture & AWS specialists as required to compliment the overall solution.
- Manage the opportunity from sales pursuit to close, with support depending on deal size.
- Facilitate the negotiations and closing activities.
- Coordinate internal approvals and sales team resources; manage solution/proposition develop client interactions and relevant client demonstrations, etc.
- Participate as Sales Capture Lead role on MMS (our internal CRM system) from the Sales Role Blueprint and Credit Allocation (depending on level of experience).
- Support efforts and/or gain client agreement for press releases, use of references, etc.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Experience of leading, winning, negotiating, and closing technology sales pursuits in the cloud, infrastructure, and applications space, ideally using AWS technologies.
- Demonstrating the ability to assess complex problems and create solutions that are market competitive.
- Originating sales and relationships with clients at all level, including C-suite, both at established and emerging clients.
- An understanding of the UKI Cloud competitive landscape.
- Track record of establishing new client relationships and developing long-term recurring relationships both with clients and in the broader technology vendor alliance ecosystem.
- Experience of working independently and successfully as part of a team.
- Ideally AWS Certification at Practitioner level with a willingness to achieve Associate level. We are looking for candidates willing to immerse themselves in AWS cloud technologies to be effective in shaping and solutioning specific solutions for clients, working in a multi-disciplined team.
- We have several roles open and experience in some specific industries would be helpful, but not essential, as examples, Financial Services, Public Sector, Life Sciences, Energy, Consumer Goods & Services, Industrial and Manufacturing.
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Degree or Equivalent
What’s in it for you
You will get to work in one of the fastest growing parts of Accenture; working closely with AWS; one of the most innovative technology companies in the world. The rate of innovation in AWS Cloud is significant, so we are looking for candidates who are eager to learn and become literate in the different AWS cloud solutions and broadly how they compare in the market.
All our Sales professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom/virtual, or in collaboration with others.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways,
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31 August 2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Senior Manager, ORACLE Market Development - HCM (Remote)
Posted 2 days ago
Northeast Technology Sales Director - MedTec
Posted 3 days ago
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Business Development Director (Public Safety)
Posted 3 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.