Junior Service Delivery Manager
Location: Newcastle Upon-Tyne
Salary: £32,000 - £45,000
Career Level: Senior Analyst, Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
As a team:
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for our clients. We extend our technology and business capabilities through a powerful alliance ecosystem of market leaders and innovators to provide our clients the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
In our team you will learn:
- Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
- You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
As a Service Management Specialist, you will:
- build strong and enduring relationships with colleagues, client counterparts and other senior management stakeholders.
- liaise with onshore and offshore technical and non-technical teams and apply your knowledge and experience to our core service design, transition and operations processes.
- manage your own performance to deliver personal targets and be responsible for a number of key service deliverables such as:
- Continual Service Improvement Plan and associated actions
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recover testing
- Capacity Management process and planning
- Service Asset and Configuration Management processes
- manage relationships with key 3rd party suppliers/vendors and manage High Severity Service Incidents and escalated incidents and problems
- support and contribute to our Service Level Management processes and gain a thorough understanding of the SLAs and reporting processes
- operate on a Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30 standard working hours pattern, but overtime and weekend working may be required on occasion and provide on-call escalation as part of an out-of-hours support rota
- be part of a 'Truly Human' environment Accenture provides an extensive network of over 1,300 trained mental health allies and prioritises mental health at the top of our UKI Inclusion & Diversity Agenda.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- The ability to work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- The ability to understand technical information and concepts and translate them into business/operational-focussed information with the instinct to question things
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the other suite of Microsoft Office products. Ideally familiarisation with PowerBI.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Be able to identify and own the implementation of service improvement activities, including automation of tasks.
- Professional attitude - co-operative and mature approach to work
- Highly organised, able to plan ahead for short to long term objectives
- Able to work within a team and in co-operation with other organisations
- Strong service attitude and aiming to build lasting customer relationships
- Understanding and experience of Service Management best practice is required. At least ITIL foundation certified.
- Must qualify for UK Government security clearance vetting
Set yourself apart:
- Have additional ITIL Service Management certifications.
- Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the other suite of Microsoft Office products.
- Have experience working with IT Service Management toolsets
- Experienced in identifying opportunities for automation and implementing them.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for. Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS clearance being obtained.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.