Accenture Technology, Financial Services Payments Technologist
Salary: £40,000+ (Based on experience)
Career Level: (Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Specialist, Associate Manager & Manager)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Accenture are looking for experienced payments technologists to help our clients navigate the significant change agenda over the next decade.
As part of a Payments Technology team, working with colleagues in our Strategy & Consulting team, you will expect to work across Financial Services including retail, commercial and transactional banking, market infrastructure providers and regulators as well as non-Financial Services organisations.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global payments team, you'll be working with upcoming industry initiatives and cutting edge payment technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job - our leading industry experts will help you identify and maximize your strengths to position you for success.
In our team you will learn:
You will have the opportunity to quickly build upon your existing industry knowledge and develop T-shape skills in areas such as Core Payments Processing, Payment Gateways, New Payments Architecture, ISO20022, Cards (both issuing and acquiring), Future of Cash and ATMs, Open Banking, Cross-border Payments and Blockchain.
You will also gain experience and exposure to technology trends that are unlocking value in Financial Services, such as Cloud, Virtualisation, Robotics & AI and experience of delivery using proven frameworks like Agile and Kanban or more structured Waterfall methods.
In this role you will:
- Help our clients across the breadth of financial services firms (as well as innovative tech players, retail firms, and other emerging industries) to transform their technology landscape and develop cutting-edge payments solutions
- Work alongside both business and IT stakeholders across a wide variety of engagements, supporting the planning, design and implementation of transformational digital change programmes
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Payments experience gained in industry or consulting (Banks, Fintech, Consultancy)
- Payments operations and Payments business processes across retail, commercial or transactional banking
- Payments transformation and delivery/project experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Payments lifecycle and flows including the various participants (Central Bodies, Schemes, Issuers, Acquirers, Central Banks, Messaging standards e.g. SWIFT, Pay.UK and Bank of England)
- Awareness of regulatory influences e.g. ISO20022, NPA and Open Banking
- Delivery methods/frameworks e.g. Agile, Kanban, Scrum, Waterfall, PRINCE2
- Integration technologies and digital decoupling (API)
- Core Payments platforms e.g. Finastra, FIS, Fiserv
- Gateways and routing e.g. Base24
- Messaging standards e.g. SWIFT MT or MX
- Public/Private Cloud migrations
Set yourself apart:
- Be a self-starter who loves to solve problems, going above and beyond to deliver lasting client value
- Be well-versed and engaged with payments market trends and technology innovations, and keen to leverage our offerings to address our client’s business challenges
- Be keen to drive growth within the Payments practice through contributions to our community
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services, we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
USA WA - Seattle
Business & Integration Arch Specialist - CMT
Business & Technology Integration
USA TX - Dallas
Front End Web Developer
Business & Technology Integration
USA CT - Hartford
Business & Integration Arch Specialist - Life Science
Business & Technology Integration
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.