Role: ASIS Business Analyst/Consultant – Laboratory Informatics
Location: United Kingdom
Mobility: Up to 75%
Career Level: Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Accenture Scientific Informatics Services (ASIS) works with “best in breed” Laboratory Informatics software products to provide total solutions for our clients. ASIS are experts in architecting, configuring, deploying, validating and supporting laboratory systems. These systems include LIMS, ELN, SDMS, and CDS, among others. This domain where laboratory science intersects with information technology is our passion, and unlike some other companies providing similar services, it is our singular focus!
You will gain exposure to a myriad of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Extended Reality, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics, while facilitating the transformation of scientific and laboratory processes in leading global companies.
Become a member of this unique team combining scientific data management experts with the global transformation capabilities of Accenture and be a part of redefining the future of laboratory operations.
We offer a generous compensation package consisting of salary, bonuses and benefits.
As an ASIS Business Analyst/Consultant, you will:
- Create high-quality user and functional requirements and use cases for Scientific Informatics software (LIMS, CDS, ELN, LES, Lab Instrumentation) by working closely with other Accenture team members and clients Schedule meetings, document meeting notes and distribute meeting notes to invitees
- Participate in interviews, site visits and facilitated sessions with business users
- Create as-is and to-be narratives and manage relative documentation
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of a requirements traceability matrix
- Identify business needs for laboratory informatics solutions
- Perform research of mild, moderate or high complexity into business processes, SOPs, system documentation and work instructions
- Work with project teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as FDA, CAPA, CLIA, GxP, HL7 as well as internal policies and processes
- Analyze requirements to determine priority and business value
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement, including changes required to successfully adopt new laboratory informatics solutions
- Provide estimates for workstream activities, including dependencies, to the Project Manager
- Identify, manage and resolve risks and issues related to the workstream
- Contribute to all areas of system implementation including but not limited to vendor interaction, system compatibility, change control, qualification, deployment, and training
- Provide leadership for all resources within a specific workstream including client, vendor, consultants and associates
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Expert knowledge in one or more Scientific Informatics software (LIMS, CDS, ELN, LES, etc).
- Extensive Business Analysis/ Consultant experience in Laboratory Informatics projects.
- Proven experience of both configuration and functional design in Scientific Informatics is needed.
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical IT Landscape.
- Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills, troubleshooting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of instrument integration.
- Strong relationship/stakeholder management skills.
- Clear understanding of key methodologies (ITIL, Waterfall and Agile methodologies).
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new areas.
- Ability to meet travel requirements where applicable.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience in Laboratory Informatics
- Experience working in large global/multinational corporations on large implementations/deployments.
- Software development experience.
- Consulting experience with continuous increase in responsibility and technical competence
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Salesforce Business Transformation Architect - Communications Industry
Business & Technology Integration
Workday Reporting Lead
Business & Technology Integration
Salesforce Industries Architect
Business & Technology Integration
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.