Role: Global Supply Chain Research Lead
Salary: Up to £90,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shape data-driven insights through Thought Leadership and Research for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines deep understanding of Accenture clients’ industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our growing team of 300 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic modeling, data science, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners. Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
We work in two main areas:
- Developing thought leadership and understanding trends: Accenture creates original, cutting-edge points of view to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Most of our projects are published and quoted in the media and you are expected to have a voice and an opinion on the industry both inside and beyond Accenture. Research into industry trends informs publications and the direction of our business.
- Client-focused research: you will work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research on clients’ business challenges and opportunities, support proposals, engagements and day to day discussions with clients on their business and industry.
As a Global Supply Chain Research Lead , you will:
- Develop thought provoking insights through market analysis and in-depth review of trends, under the leadership of Accenture’s Supply Chain Global lead
- Proactively introduce innovative ideas to senior leadership and clients
- Design and manage research to define and re-shape thinking on major People related issues
- Recognized as an expert in the Supply Chain research field
- Publishe regularly through Accenture’s publication channels and other channels
- Have a strong internal and growing external network and social media presence
- Research focused on Accenture Business and Accenture’s Clients business with major and long-lasting impact
- Shape & manage complex research programs of work with global scope and manages related budget
- Be credible with leadership and clients, both at global level in very different geographies and cultural contexts
- Talent magnet and role model
- Coach and mentor of junior researchers
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Track record in research with broad experience in applying the main research techniques, including Supply Chain frameworks, data science/economic modeling, surveys and people related data sources
- Global / large private corporation or institution, Research Consultancy, Research role at Management Consultancy or Management Consulting experience with track record in Thought Leadership focused on Supply Chain and Operations
- Subject matter expertise across the SC issues of large international companies, including core issues of COOs and Chief Supply Chain Officers or equivalent
- An understanding of the role of digital and technology in disrupting SC at large organizations
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to make sense out of data
- Able to write in a clear and compelling way for C-suite audiences
- Solid experience in the presentation of research deliverables to high level executives
- Intellectual curiosity
- Proven ability to manage people and complex multi-country research projects
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Able to lead and drive consensus where there are many stakeholders
- Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/05/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
USA CA - San Francisco
Accenture Labs Technology Vision R&D Senior Analyst
Research & Innovation
USA CA - San Francisco
Technology Vision R&D Associate Principal
Research & Innovation
Talent Research Associate Manager
Research & Innovation
Posted 4 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.