Job Title: Account Based Marketing Manager, Financial Services
Salary £60,00 - £66,000 depending on experience + excellent benefits
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team
Marketing + Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand—at the corporate, industry, capability and geographic level—that supports the Accenture business strategy, enhances long-term client relationships, inspires employees and candidates, and drives profitable growth.
Together with industry and local marketing colleagues, the European Account Based Marketing (EABM) team works hand-in-hand with Accenture client account teams to design and deliver strategic, targeted and insight-led marketing programmes. These programmes aim to increase client mindshare, strengthen client relationships, and drive growth within specific European priority accounts. The team combine the best of marketing content and events with bespoke and innovative tactics to create differentiated client experiences and campaigns to help clients understand the unique value Accenture can help them create.
As an ABM Financial Services (FS) Account Manager you will:
Design and manage the execution of ABM programmes for a portfolio of around 6 – 8 UK & Ireland accounts, supported by 2 – 3 account executives or associate account managers.
Your first step will be to work with account teams to develop deep insight into the client’s priorities and combine this with your knowledge of the FS industry (preferably Banking), technology trends, competitive environment, and Accenture’s capabilities and experience to really understand the opportunities at the account and how best to differentiate Accenture.
Your ABM programmes may support all stages of the sales lifecycle; they may:
- Inspire clients to keep Accenture front-of-mind and sow the seeds for new opportunities within the target account
- Nurture client relationships and grow interest in Accenture’s unique capabilities
- Influence client perceptions to build confidence and preference for Accenture to position us for success in strategic deals
- Advocate – build client trust and loyalty to help Accenture develop long term strategic partnerships
As a strategic partner to the account team, you will draw on your significant marketing experience to develop and execute an account-specific marketing strategy aligned with their priorities, blending the right mix of tactics and channels to reach and engage the target decision makers and buyers at the client. There is real opportunity to bring your creative flair to the role and you should be confident in developing and selling in new and innovative ideas to account leadership to increase differentiation.
Throughout your programmes, you will track the KPIs outlined in your marketing plans to measure and optimise your on-going impact on reputation, relationships and, ultimately, revenue.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver ABM programmes for select UK & Ireland priority accounts; working in close collaboration with the account team to ensure activity is aligned to their growth objectives.
- Act as a primary marketing point of contact for account teams, working hand-in-hand with industry and local marketing colleagues to activate relevant wider marketing campaigns, content and events within the account.
- Plan and deliver account-specific campaigns which differentiate Accenture from competitors, help expand the number and strength of our client relationships, educate clients as to the full breadth of Accenture’s capabilities and create a preference for Accenture at key clients in UK & Ireland.
- Build a deep understanding of banking industry trends and the needs of Accenture’s banking clients to ensure campaigns are highly relevant, timely and client centric.
- Leverage internal and external information sources and research teams to develop in-depth insight into individual decision makers and influencers at your target organisations.
- Develop client-specific messages, aligned to Accenture’s purpose and applicable industry and business services.
- Lead the execution of account-specific campaigns or deliverables, managing budgets and orchestrating input from agencies, suppliers and wider Marketing + Communications teams. Deliverables include – but are not limited to – emails, brochures, presentations, thought leadership, credentials, videos, blogs, websites and infographics. Channels may include email, social media, events, direct mail, Accenture.com, and bespoke client portals.
- Support account teams directly with strategic deal opportunities – or collaborate with our specialist global pursuit marketing team – to increase our win rate against our competitors through innovative marketing strategies and tactics.
- Ensure all client engagement is captured in our CRM system (Salesforce), use data to optimise campaigns and report on return on investment.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Degree or equivalent
- Significant professional services and/or B2B marketing experience required with particular focus on account-based marketing (ABM), pursuit / deal-based marketing and/or marketing strategy
- Broad marketing skill set and proficiency in marketing data management and campaign reporting. Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM desirable.
- Banking or broader Financial Services knowledge and experience desirable
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and ability to operate and build relationships at very senior level within a large, matrixed organisation
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, proven track record managing a team, and real collaborative and team-player attitude
- Excellent project management skills and evidence of successfully managing complex portfolio of projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Creativity, flair and innovation in how to achieve cut-through and differentiation for campaigns
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to present and convey ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to both internal and external audiences
- Enthusiasm, passion for marketing and can-do attitude
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing date for applications 28/2/2021.
Accenture reserve the right to close the role prior to this should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Inclusion and Diversity
Our diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Training and Development
Take time away to learn and learn all the time in our regional learning hubs, connected classrooms, online courses and learning boards.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.