Manufacturing Systems Manager (MES)
Salary: Up to £74,500 depending on experience
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
You will be using the latest technologies partnering with clients to help them to enable key capabilities to modernize and move their businesses forward. Do you want to work in an environment where you are able to call on a global network of leading talent to deliver key priorities for our clients at scale?
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to deepen your primary skill set whilst developing valuable new business, work closely with our clients to strategically define their needs and design solutions that add value
- How to challenge yourself and take risks in a supportive and “fail fast” culture
- How to engage clients to understand key challenges and provide solutions to real problems across a variety of industries.
- To respond creatively (approach, commercials, etc.) to complex client asks, in order to differentiate Accenture
As a Manufacturing Systems Manager (MES), you will:
- Lead in the solutioning, design, development and implementation of digital manufacturing projects, including manufacturing execution systems (MES) and IIoT solutions, among others.
- Respond to requests for client proposals, Lead and develop client relationships
- Succeed in leading medium to large teams and/or Projects
- Document and analyse the information needs of the business and ensure appropriate solutions are delivered
- Gather user requirements in relation to controlling and recording manufacturing activities
- Provide organisation oversight for complex manufacturing systems implementations, directing the activities of medium to large teams in the related tasks
- Define innovative approaches to help develop the team; increase the knowledge base among the team, develop new assets and methodologies to differentiate Accenture, come up with new creative approaches to respond to clients.
- Navigate a large organization to bring together talent and assets/ capabilities to solve ambitious problems for clients.
- Use your skills, creativity and knowledge to deliver results to clients.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Bachelors’ degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment
- Experience with MES solutions such as Siemens OpCenter/Simatic IT, Rockwell, Aveva MES/Wonderware, Emerson Syncade, etc
- Experience with IoT solutions such as Microsoft Azure IoT Services, PTC, Amazon IoT Services, Hitachi, etc.
- Working knowledge of software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and support methodologies required.
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to understand and navigate large organizations
- Understand sophisticated client challenges and use all available assets to develop tailored solutions
- Ability to consider the Client Context and Client Outcome in everything you do
- Constantly challenge the status-quo and be encouraged to innovate and take controlled risks
- Confirmed history of becoming a trusted client advisor
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 29th January 2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Inclusion and Diversity
Our diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Training and Development
Take time away to learn and learn all the time in our regional learning hubs, connected classrooms, online courses and learning boards.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.