Data Engineer – Google & Spark - Multiple Locations
Locations: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Manchester, Edinburgh
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 (+ depending on experience)
Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: (Specialist, Associate Mgr)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
As a team:
Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to provide solutions to real world problems across a variety of industries.
- How to help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
- How best to develop your skills and hone your talents within an innovative technology environment.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
· Work with client teams to design and implement modern, scalable data solutions using a range of new and emerging technologies
· Using good communication skills to understand and deliver client requirements
· Bring your experience and ideas to innovative engineering, design and strategy
· Mentor and upskill fellow group members
· Contribute to our internal networks and special interest groups
We are looking for the following skills and experience for this role:
· Have a deep, hands-on design and engineering background in GCP, across a wide range of GCP services
· Have a broad understanding of GCP infrastructure services including GCE, GSC, KSM, VPC, Cloud Load Balancing, GKE, Stackdriver, IAM, DNS and firewalls
· Have hands on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies: Terraform, Ansible
· Capable of working in either an agile or Waterfall development environment, both as part of a team and individually
· Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, collaborating with others, contributing to design and estimating discussions and utilising strong stakeholder management skills
· Hands on experience delivering spark-based data pipelines into a production platform
Set yourself apart:
· Have worked in a client facing environment
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there may be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Closing Date for Applications: 31/01/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
LocationsManchester,Midlothian - Edinburgh,Newcastle
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Related Jobs Near You
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.