Google Cloud Platform Engineer
Location: London (preferred), Manchester
Salary: £35,000 - £85,000 + (depending on experience)
Career Level: (Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Analyst, Senior Analyst, Consultant, Assistant Manager, Manager)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers of Google Cloud Engineering. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues to drive collaboration from strategy through to implementation. You will be using the latest technologies with clients to help them get to the next level.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will:
- Have the opportunity & flexibility to develop your Google Cloud career across a range of different skills paths (Platform, Data and Cloud Native specialisations);
- Be supported to continue your Google Cloud Platform training and certifications – complimented with other Accenture Engineer & Architecture training initiatives - and supported by our coaching and mentoring programmes
- Be part of an extensive global Accenture / Google network - the Accenture Google Business Group (AGBG) – to support you in your role and future growth
As a Google Cloud Platform Engineer, you will:
- Assess and recommend the best of breed GCP technology solutions to address client needs;
- Design and deploy enterprise-wide dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, secure and reliable solutions on Google Cloud Platform;
- Design & deliver cloud or hybrid-cloud platforms and services, automated API-driven systems with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles and agile delivery models
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- You have deep, hands-on design and engineering background in GCP, across a wide range of GCP services:
- Broad understanding of GCP infrastructure services including GCE, GSC, KSM, VPC, Cloud Load Balancing, GKE, Stackdriver, IAM, DNS and firewalls
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies: Terraform, Ansible
- A good understanding of Cloud Security
Set yourself apart:
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in engineering or implementing solutions on GCP, K8s, and other Google technologies;
- Google’s Professional Cloud Architect or Google’s Professional Data Engineer certifications
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services, we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Inclusion and Diversity
Our diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Training and Development
Take time away to learn and learn all the time in our regional learning hubs, connected classrooms, online courses and learning boards.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.