Role: User Experience Designer
Location: Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester
Career Levels: Analyst, Senior Analyst
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance with best in class established and emerging technologies. We are able to extend our technology and business capabilities by working closely with market leaders and innovators to provide our clients with the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
With Accenture Technology you will deliver everything from point solutions for a single business function to large, long term outsourcing services, to complex systems integration installations spanning multiple businesses and functions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
As a UX Designer you will work with a team of creative and passionate UX Design specialists who are responsible for creating user-centred designs for digital products and services.
This is a great opportunity to work across multiple different clients in a range of industries. As a member of our close-knit UX and Design team, you will champion the value of UX as part of delivery best practice across all digital products and services.
As a UX Designer, you will:
· Adhere to UX standards and patterns by working closely with the client and other designers on your team
· Create design assets such as prototypes, high-fidelity designs, personas, user flows and wireframes
· Advocate for the needs of the user, and design accessible products and services for millions of people with a variety of needs and abilities
· Run and participate in design workshops and present your work, both internally and to client stakeholders
· Accommodate business rules and constraints whilst following a user-centric approach and rapidly testing and iterating
· Conduct competitor analysis and report on areas of improvement by using analytics and design rationale
· Validate your designs through a range of testing methods
· Collaborate with other teams and specialisms, for example Developers, Product, Delivery, Content
· Work closely with our UX & Design Team to share knowledge, learn new skills, and design transformational services
We are looking for experience in the following skills
· A portfolio that demonstrates your experience as a UX Designer
· You can use tools like Sketch, Invision, Axure and the Adobe Suite
· A solid understanding of UX principles
· You have worked as part of an Agile Scrum team
· You can address the needs of key stakeholders whilst creating a user-centric design
· Some experience working with, and contributing to, brand guidelines, design patterns and standards, for example GDS, would be beneficial but not essential
· Experience using Markdown or HTML
Set yourself apart:
- Have a portfolio where you can show examples of User Journeys, Personas, User Research, Prototyping, User Testing and User Interface Design.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for .
All offers are subject to satisfactory BPSS clearance being obtained.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Closing Date for Applications 31/03/2021
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS Clearance
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Inclusion and Diversity
Our diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Training and Development
Take time away to learn and learn all the time in our regional learning hubs, connected classrooms, online courses and learning boards.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.