Technical Test Engineer (SC Eligible)
Salary: £25,000 – 48,000 (+ depending on experience)
Please Note: Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance which requires 5 years continuous UK address history at the point of application.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
How to provide solutions to real world problems across a variety of industries.
How to help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
How best to develop your skills and hone your talents within an innovative technology environment
As a Technical Test Engineer, you will:
Work as part of a team to design, build and execute tests to validate whether a story, feature or system meets agreed acceptance criteria based on non-functional requirements
Automate non-functional tests using tools such as Microfocus Fortify and OWASP ZAP for security testing, Karate and JMeter for performance testing, Pumba for resilience testing
Perform operational testing by following operational manuals and utilising tools such as Elastic APM, Splunk and general linux administration skills
Analyse results from non-functional testing, identify where and how improvements could be made and work with architects and developers to design and test improvements. Manage raising and resolution of defects for the team, utilising tools such as JIRA
Support the team in also validating the system being delivered meets functional requirements where required by getting involved in functional testing
- Experience in designing and implementing integration, security, performance, resilience or operational testing. In particular being able to analyse the results and recommend how to make improvements/resolve defects
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: Microfocus Fortify, OWASP ZAP, Karate, JMeter, Gatling, Chaos Monkey, Pumba, Kibana
- Experience working with architects to design and conduct manual testing, developing a good understanding of the non-functional requirements, business needs and solution design
- A proven track record of testing software developments in a structured environment.
- A complete understanding of the Defect Management lifecycle and knowledge of one or more defect management tools e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla or HP ALM.
- Satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance – which requires 5 years continuous UK address history at the point of application
Set yourself apart:
- Experience automating functional testing of software, writing scripts in Java, using tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Karate, Rest-assured or Wiremock
- Have experience in managing teams and/or working across multiple projects.
- Understand container orchestration solutions such as Openshift
- Have experience with technologies such as Apigee, IBM MQ/ACE/ITx, Oracle, Kafka
- Have worked with one or more of the following: API Test Tooling: Postman, API or JMeter, Contract/ Mock/Integration Testing, Swift Messaging Hub, Config/Integration testing, payload/contract testing
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.