- Provide strategic and pragmatic Employment Law advice on advisory matters to key internal stakeholders – including HR, ER, Mobilisation and Leadership.
- Oversee and provide support for litigation and pre-litigation matters, in conjunction with Employee Relations team and external counsel.
- Manage Employment Law projects in UK and/or leading on Global initiatives where the UK is a key geography, advising HR, Legal and Leadership as appropriate.
- Provide operational and strategic support for transactional matters:
- Outsourcing – advising on contractual aspects of outsourcing deals (including HR Schedules), risk management and transition of staff into (and out from) Accenture.
- Ventures & Acquisitions – advising on M&A deals, including due diligence, deal execution and post-merger integration support.
- Advise on industrial relation and collective bargaining issues, particularly collective consultation requirements (both in ER and transactional circumstances).
- Contribute to development of internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on Employment Law and business issues for the region.
- Manage and oversee external counsel relationships with law firms as appropriate, including budget management.
- Stay abreast of legal developments impacting on Accenture, its clients, and industries and incorporate it into company practices.
- Support, promote, and implement initiatives as part of Legal team.
- Counsel, guide, train and support junior colleagues as appropriate.
- Educate Leadership and key stakeholders with regard to Legal and risk management issues in the region.
- Make recommendations and escalate to the Senior Manager Employment Law Lead UKI on material Employment issues.
- Work with colleagues across Legal as required.
- Post-qualification experience within an Employment Law team, whether private practice and/or – ideally – in an in-house environment.
- Employment Law experience relevant to the key responsibilities outlined above.
- Preferably, some exposure to cross-border work or European projects.
- Preferably, some exposure to working with or for large corporates and/or senior stakeholders.
- Presentations and provision of training.
- Content knowledge across Employment Law responsibilities outlined above.
- Ability to work closely with a wide range of personnel – both external and internal to Accenture – including frequent interaction with senior stakeholders and Leadership.
- Negotiation and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to influence and strong executive presence.
- Able to present innovative, original solutions and to act as a strategic thinker.
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexibly, including from home.
- Some (limited) travel required/possible.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.