Role: SC Eligible Programme Management Office (PMO) – Newcastle
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
Salary: We have roles available across a range of Accenture career levels including Analyst, Senior Analyst Specialist and Associate Manager/Manager Levels. Salary: £26,000 to £70,000+ (depending on skills and experience)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
What responsibilities will you have?
· Mobilise and run PMOs for large scale, high-complexity programmes
· Plan creation, management and control using a standard Project Management Tool (e.g. MS Project). This involves setting up plans, tracking actual progress, and reporting variances
· Data analytics using relevant tooling (e.g. Splunk, Tableau)
· Internal and client stakeholder management
· Working with delivery teams to understand status, issues, risks and putting in place mitigation plans
· Liaison with Commercial and Financial Management teams to ensure that programme and corporate finances are aligned and that the Programme is delivering to target
· Day-to-day management of various project control processes, including deliverable configuration management, issue and risk management, scope/change control, resource management, process automation and quality management including the application of outputs from these processes to improve project and programme performance.
We will want to work with you if…
· Experience as a PMO demonstrating core skills required for PMO.
· Experience of data analytics and tooling e.g. Tableau and Splunk
· Experience in process automation
· Experience working with or in ‘New IT’ environments e.g. Agile Delivery,
· Excellent communication skills – including verbal, written and presenting to a group
· Commercial awareness with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· In addition, experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous:
· Certification in Prince2, P30 or Agile Methodologies
o Microsoft Project / Server
o Microsoft SharePoint/Teams
o Tableau and Splunk or similar data analytic tools
o Advanced Microsoft Excel/ Visual Basic for Applications
You’ll want to work with us if…
You want to help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
You want comprehensive, continuous training for your specialist area, as well as for professional skills development
We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
You want some phenomenal benefits
We have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, discounts across major brands, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
You want to be part of a 'Truly Human' environment
Accenture provides an extensive network of over 1,300 trained mental health allies and prioritises mental health at the top of our UKI Inclusion & Diversity Agenda. We are committed to raising awareness and educating Accenture people about our LGBT community while supporting our LGBT employees worldwide. Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance which requires 5 years continuous UK address history at the point of application
Closing Date for Applications 31/05/2020. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.